Looking for runner friends

Options
Hi MFP runners. I am looking for more running friends. I have been running for years, I am slow but have done some halfs, sprint triathlons etc. Currently not training for anything just running as a part of my weight loss program. Please join me here!

Replies

• AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You've done a lot more than me. I've signed up for a half in May.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,396 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There's a great group of runners on the monthly running challenge pages - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10069632/february-running-challenge/p1
    You post what you want to accomplish for the month and track how far you go. No judgement, just lots of encouragement. Some just run a little and some run over 200 miles in the month so there are lots of different levels to draw from. Come join us!
  • richr196
    richr196 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would.like some more running friends please. Thank you
  • anthonyvsatx2017
    Options
    Howdy y'all….
  • 2tryharder
    2tryharder Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm inspired by your saying you've been running for years and are slow. I used to think I should just stop because I couldn't do a 30 minute 5K, but I keep doing what I can and it continues to help with my weight loss and overall confidence.
  • galaxyzoo2004
    galaxyzoo2004 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I could use some inspiring running friends!! Thank You!!
  • pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    At 50, I'm basically a life-long runner - ran in high school before going into the Marines (yeah, a lot of running over a 20yr career) and continue to run today for health & fitness, and I enjoy the camaraderie of the weekend races. So I'm down for some friends here, I hope to learn as much from you all as I can offer myself. Cheers.