Introduce yourself

Options
I thought it may be nice to learn a little about each other.
I am a 62 year young Wife of 43 years, married my high school sweetheart, Grandmother to 8, Lives in Oklahoma City.
Been heavy most of my adult life but the older I get the more I want to be around longer for my grandchildren. I Am excited to see where this group will go and grow. I usually am a lurker so this is out of my comfort zone and was nervous about posting in the Facebook group but figured there had to be others using this app. Feedback and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• laineyrenrn19
    laineyrenrn19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Elaine. I am 62, single and have no children. Currently I am a sole live-in caregiver to my 83 yr old disabled, 99% of the time bedridden mother. I have fought my weight my whole life and my earliest memories of weight loss interventions (other than my mom berating me for eating too much) was being placed on diet pills before I was even 12 yrs old. I've gone up and down and been on so many diets over the years. I've lost over 100# on 3 different occasions and smaller amounts multiple times but always put it back on because I ended up not making it a lifestyle change and reverted back to the way of eating that got me in the situation to begin with. My all time high weight was 292.5 and I was there in March 2015, lost 118 by March 2016 then by Aug 2016 I had +66 lbs back on :'( At this point I've been going up and down all summer, struggling to not revert to emotional/stress eating. I am restarting this today at 263.9, still 28.6 pounds down from my all time high. This has to be a lifestyle change. I've proved that If I keep doing what I've always done then I will always get the results I've always gotten. Gotta change what I'm doing.

I do know Nutrisystem does work. In 2009-2010 I lost 120 lbs before having total left knee replacement then let stress eating take over and regained! I've gotta stop this!!!

• JanetStorck
    JanetStorck Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ((hugs)) I am with you, girl!! lets do this!
  • robbyn929
    robbyn929 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is a struggle! I'm 53, been married for 31 years (also, to my high school sweetheart), mother of 2, and Mimi to 3 wonderful grandchildren. I'm a middle school counselor, 2 years from retirement. My weight has fluctuated my whole adult life but I recently hit my highest weight. I said I wouldn't spend anymore money on weight loss yet here I am. I'm 5 weeks in and have lost 8 pounds. I wish the weight would come off faster but at least I'm losing. I don't follow the plan perfectly but I'm trying. Hoping MFP will help me better understand how to flex.
  • JanetStorck
    Options
    Welcome Robbyn, I think many of us can identify. My hope for the group is we will keep each other inspired and walk along side as we are on this journey. ((hugs))
  • JGreenwoodmfp
    JGreenwoodmfp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been on NS since December 2016. I originally started for my wedding in Feb. I went off program March-May but restarted June 1... I have lost 21 pounds to date. I am just a slow loser. I work out a lot!! I am a high school sped teacher. I have two sons. 27 and 26. I live in Southern California
  • JocelynChuckwood
    Options
    Hey all. I've been on NS since April 10th. I originally joined NS with my older brother. He wanted to lose weight (so did I) and he wanted someone to do it with him. So I said sure. I was skinny growing up until about 10 years ago or so then the weight slowly started to creep on. It was right before I met my husband. We've been together gor 10 years and married for 7. I live in central Indiana. No kids unless you count our 3 furkids. Good thing is he has never seen me skinny. I got to the point right before starting NS to go up yet another pant and shirt size and having to check weight limits on things like outdoor furniture before purchasing. I was tired of living that way. I stepped on the scale at the end of March to a big number... number I had never seen before 250. That was the final straw. As of Saturday i have lost 30 lbs to date and have about 94 to go. I am a slow loser but as long as I am losing the weight I don't care.
  • Trina0214
    Trina0214 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I’m a married mother of 2 and Nonnie of 4 living in Tulsa OZ. I am new to NS (2 month’s). So far I’m down 15 lbs.

I lost a lot of weight a while back using MFP and exercise. Then I quit tracking and going to the gym. I’m now back up the 80+ lbs that I lost.

I’m loving NS. I like the convenience and accountability.
  • clpat
    clpat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cindy here. Started NS July 17, 2017. Down 26 pounds - still have a long way to go. But I'm loving this so far!
  • JanetStorck
    Options
    Welcome Cindy! So Happy you are here.
  • laineyrenrn19
    laineyrenrn19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cindy!! Awesome results !!
  • clpat
    clpat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Wish it was warm outside! I am going to try to pull some dead things out of the garden afterwhile and hopefully burn a few hundred calories.

Still learning this site and how to log my food. But I'm trying!
  • gen1917
    gen1917 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My husband and I have 3 children and I work during the day and am taking online classes at night toward my degree. I started Nutrisystem earlier this year because I was ready to make major changes, but needed a tool to make it easier with my busy schedule. So far I've lost over 110 lbs on the program and I'm feeling really great.
  • LEWilsonAuthor
    LEWilsonAuthor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm married with 2 older boys. Tomorrow I start week 4 of Nutrisystem, and my husband is on his Turbo week. I lost 5 lbs during Turbo week, nothing the second week, and lost another pound the third week. :smile: I've started logging everything on here instead of the NuMi app, and I think it's working better! I work from home, and I sit a lot, but I'm getting back into a regular exercise routine. I've always done cardio, but I've recently incorporated weight training into my routine. I'm trying to lose about 80 pounds. I love the Facebook support group I found, so thought I would join on here, also!

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

SW - 220
    CW - 214
    GW - 140
  • stephaniejones1055
    stephaniejones1055 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi all My name is Stephanie. I am about to end week 3 still holding strong I think lol Still Learning flex meals so I can eat with my family. I have 2 kids 6 and 4 they are really the greatest I am trying different challenges on mfp to keep me motivated and it is working. Add me as a friend and we can work together
  • sashaspiegel
    sashaspiegel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi All, My name is Sasha, I am 54 a mother of a 12 year old girl. FUN days ahead! At anyrate, just started Nutrisystem. Day 2 ... I haven't been hungry so far so good. I would love ideas for my flex days and would love to connect with anyone who is still doing My fitness Pal and Nutrisystem. Please reach out if you're still around