April 22 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    r0zkopyoltjj.jpeg
    Recently, I was not able to do my usual cardio/strength workouts because I had injured my back by using incorrect form. This week, I started easing back into it. Yesterday, I really hit it and had my best day of jump rope intervals. It felt so good to be sweating again
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    April 22
    Exercised?: Yes. Walk 6km in 46 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Walk before lunch. Flying before dinner.

@RangerRickL. Great to hear your jump rope is back to a good level.

The best medicine for a strain is to gently start using the area (with support) as soon as practical (usually only a day or two after the injury occurs). The extra blood flow promotes healing. I remember this from recovering from various injuries while skating. Within 2 days I'd be using the hurt area again with strapping or support to prevent re-injury.

I also subscribe to "Motion creates Emotion". This is also akin to Action comes before Inspiration. (You need to start something before inspiration can (or will) strike to inspire you to do more). Waiting to "feel like" doing something is a recipe for inaction.
    Crosbinium wrote: »

@craigo3154 congrats on the good race today!

I was able to go on a short walk to the park with my goddaughter today! She is 18 months and toddler speed was perfect for me. First walk since October!!! It was so exciting for both of us. She went down her first sliding board today!

@Crosbinium. Thank you. Also fantastic that you are spending time with your goddaughter. Children tend to bring out the best in us and remind us to play and have fun.
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Another sunny day here in UK
    Exercise yes, 3 hours gardening, had so much catching up to do!
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Checking out for this evening. Yes x 3 with 85 minute walk in the village. Tough day at the end with only 150 calories left for a spartan dinner. Literally baby spinach, boiled egg, one quarter of a small apple, and small amount of steamed broccoli & carrots. Dinner, while sparse, was the nutritious part of the day. The Dunkin' Donut in the early part of the day was the requisite precursor to the light dinner which followed to compensate for all of those worthless calories in said sweet treat. Why do we refer to them as sweet treats when they really are a curse for the rest of the day? I should know better!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Sunday, April 22
    Exercise: No
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Exercise- yes, 30 mins Pilates and another short walk. Up to 2 hrs a day out of the ankle brace!
    Calories - under
    Tracking - yes
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Crosbinium wrote: »
    Exercise- yes, 30 mins Pilates and another short walk. Up to 2 hrs a day out of the ankle brace!

Congrats...you are making tremendous progress! I was in a boot for 5 full months at one time...and the rehab was all of that and then some. Hang in there!

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,286 Member
    Options
    April 22, 2018

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • syrr
    syrr Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    April 22
    Exercise-yes
    Calories-yes
    Tracked-yes
  • bocasdelgrandpabob
    bocasdelgrandpabob Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I rode my bike today on the road I always climb up. Climbed 2,000 feet in 2 hours. I am slowing down. My wife thinks I might have atrophied over the last couple of months. So maybe I can get back to 90 minutes for that. Ran my heart at 90% for 90 minutes of that 2 hours.
    But for all that I still only move at like 3.5 miles per hour.
    Moving that slow I look at everything. I look at tracks in the dirt. I see every kind of track. Bicycle tracks, motorcycle tracks, deer tracks, turkey tracks, bear tracks, coyote tracks, squirrel tracks.
    But I saw these tracks and I am totally baffled as to what made them or what was happening when they were made. This pic is kind of representative. I took it because the way the light was caused the tracks to be well defined. But this kind of track occurred in like 20 or so places on the road. I am totally baffled by it.

But yeah, I got like upwards of 1000 exercise cals and didn't eat or drink it.
    So I am tracked and under budget.

92pb6qsmgq6h.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,071 Member
    Options
    Those are some bizarre tracks, @bocasdelgrandpabob - what the heck? Sounds like you had quite a strenuous ride.

I hiked for an hour or so but took the steepest descents possible to work up strength now that the snow is finally mostly gone. The climbs are easy after a lot of snowshoeing this winter, but step descents are too easy in snow. Back to trudging...

A good food and tracking day. Off to the city again tomorrow, as adjudicator for some end of year student concerts. Hope they're good!
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3 today. Spring has finally sprung so I got out for a walk as well as an upper body strength workout. I have to get back in the habit of checking in here daily so I’m focused for May!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    21-August
    Exercise: yes, 2 hours of power walking
    Calories: yes, within my limit
    Tracking: yes, everything

22-April
    Exercise: yes, 2 hours of cycling and then some power walking
    Calories: yes, within my limit
    Tracking: yes, everything
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,863 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

• drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Exercised: yep
    Tracked: yep
    Under: yep
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • PaisleyFlower
    PaisleyFlower Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3

@craigo3154 Good reminder of the quote "emotion comes from motion" and also action before inspiration. I think I've been waiting to feel like it lately a little too much! :#
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Catching up.

April 22nd
    Exercize: 2h20 cycling hill repeats (road bike)/1h mountain bike ride (for fun)
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Yes for all 3
    Nice long bike ride allowed me extra for dinner and dessert, always my favorite