Weight Gain! Please Stop!

Options
phatdivabbw
phatdivabbw Posts: 24 Member
I promised myself this was the golden ticket. I put in the work and in return my knees and back will be forever grateful. Year 3 the weight gain began. Here I am at year 5 struggling. I've gained back 60 of the 145 I lost! I keep losing the same 10-15 lbs.

How do I recover?
My Doc suggested Gastric Bypass. I don't want anymore surgeries besides my plastics.

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @phatdivabbw I'm 27 months out so not as far as you. I cut down on refined sugar dramatically last year and haven't felt this good EVER. I'm convinced that refined carbs are the WORST. Take a hard look at exactly what you're eating is all I can say.
  • Trishlr58
    Trishlr58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your posting. I can relate to all of them. I too have gain weight back and need to get back on track. The posting motivated me to act on the journey. Again thank you.
  • Marci41527
    Marci41527 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had surgery 9 years ago and started gaining weight after a surprise pregnancy 7 years ago. Most of regain happened in the last 2 years. Due to some issues. I found a group on FB that is very supportive for people like us. It has helped. I still have issues, especially grazing and sweets. Plus I don't get water in. But I agree with you and don't want another surgery.
  • Marci41527
    Marci41527 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Coffeegirl1998 what FB group are you in?
  • Tookie_R
    Tookie_R Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 years out. About 2 years ago, I moved 1,000 miles away from my medical support system and family. I put back on 70 lbs from my lowest weight, which wasn't even goal! I have a friend that recommended BOT (Back on Track) and BEE (Baratric Easy Eating). In total, I've been doing this three weeks, and I have dropped 12 lbs so far. I found that the super strict program was not for me. So I created my own modified between the two (which has been suggested by many in the group). I can recommend you to the group on Facebook, but I can tell you there is ABSOLUTELY no hand holding or sugar coating...BUT THEY HAVE MANY SUCCESSFUL STORIES!!!

Hi I too had the vsg and after 3 years I gained 65 lbs. Add me, I'm thinking we could be each other's support in losing the weight we gained back. Btw what is BOT and BEE? Weight loss programs? Thanks
  • RastaWench
    RastaWench Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 years out. About 2 years ago, I moved 1,000 miles away from my medical support system and family. I put back on 70 lbs from my lowest weight, which wasn't even goal! I have a friend that recommended BOT (Back on Track) and BEE (Baratric Easy Eating). In total, I've been doing this three weeks, and I have dropped 12 lbs so far. I found that the super strict program was not for me. So I created my own modified between the two (which has been suggested by many in the group). I can recommend you to the group on Facebook, but I can tell you there is ABSOLUTELY no hand holding or sugar coating...BUT THEY HAVE MANY SUCCESSFUL STORIES!!!

I would love to know the name of the Facebook group. Your story sounds just about identical to mine!
  • RastaWench
    RastaWench Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I would love to know the name of the Facebook group. Your story sounds just about identical to mine!
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I just came back to posting here again about 6 days ago..for those wanting to know the Facebook group that was talked about is through BariatricEating.com....it’s amazing! It has proven plans to get Back On Track ( BOT) and BEE (Be Easy Eating) they also do a 48 hour rest, they also have a Keto plan.
    Last Sat, I had decided that the 37 lb regain I had put up with and made excuses for was it, I was done and started the 48 hour Sun am...omg, hard to get over that sugar craving again..but it was 48 hours and when I did, wow! (There was a piece of cake sitting in my fridge that hadnt been touched and the last time I drooled over it was Mon night, my nephew endulged in it, I was glad..lol) The carb cravings are still real but I’m def working on that and each day is getting easier again just like after surgery, but the sugar is out of my system! And at dinner on that 2nd night with the 8oz piece of healthy chicken sitting in front of me that I’ve craved since Sun am..I went back to what I was told by my surgery team,
    * no liquids at least 10 min before and 45 min after
    * Eat slow deliberate bites, placing fork down between each
    * Small bites, chewed around 20 times
    * Your meal should take 15-20 min to eat
    * Stop when you get your cue, whatever it is, even if there is still food...a burp, hiccup, runny nose..etc...I get a burp

I was able to eat only about 2 oz....Yay! Pouch wasn’t stretched, and still super tight! Tues am, started the BOT program, I’m not using their proteins (Inspire brand) I use Premier Protein ready to drinks...but I am really considering it! I can’t do any powders I’ve tried since surgery 3/4/2015...the smell I can’t get past and if I do happen to, the frothy makes it not go past a sip or so. Inspire is not supposed to have smell, supposed to be super good 100% whey isolate..anyway, we’ll see...

But, that being said in 6 days, I’ve lost 5 lbs of regain (some water I’m sure) but more importantly....I found faith in my tool again, I got the horrible sugar cravings gone and it’s out of my system, I’m back to doing exactly like I was supposed to be when I started my journey, taking my vitamins how I should be, eating the foods I should be, not the bad and the amounts I should be for my sleeve, exercising again, and getting all of my water in...and I feel 100% better physically and mentally.

And they do not sugar coat anything on these groups, def no BS, but it’s worth it and inspiring and it’s working for me...good luck in your journey!

WWW.BariatricEating.com
    Facebook groups info:
    No Bariatric Regain, Back on Track
    BariatricEating Support

• ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    jlk62 wrote: »
    I am 68, just over 6 years ago had VSG and lost 120 pounds. I have had a tough 5 years, 2013 my husband of 41 years died, 2015 I had lung cancer, 1/3 of my lung removed, cancer free now, and the worst, in March of this year my only son died of cancer. For the last 2 years I have returned to emotional eating and have gained about 35 pounds. I am back on track, one day at a time, but need all the motivation and friends I can get.

Judy I am so sorry to hear about what has happened to you over the last 5 years. You have such strength to have only gained 35 pounds. I think I would have gained a lot more than that. Glad to hear you are back on track.
    I will be 62 in January. Had my VSG when I turned 60. Am still not at goal as I had a huge amount to lose. Had my first excess skin removal in June of this year and will be having my 2nd one in early 2018. Have been maintaing the weight I did lose which was over 270 pounds. Still have another 40 to get to goal. Would love to be friends with you as I am sure we could motivate each other. I sent a friends request and hope you will accept. Anyone else in their 60's and needing to continue to lose or lose a regain come on board. Maybe we can start an over 60's thread.
    gseel7jpdxwd.jpgdioc36gf45ao.jpg

• jlk62
    jlk62 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Don’t quite have this friend thing figured out but us older folks can really help each other.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    jlk62 wrote: »
    You look amazing! Don’t quite have this friend thing figured out but us older folks can really help each other.
    Thanks Judy. You figured out the friend thing as you accepted my friendship. Much appreciated. Hope you and everyone else had a Good New Years Eve. I have off 2 more days and then back to my part time job. Are you and the others in this thread working or retired?
  • flbelle42
    flbelle42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am back on track now as well. VSG surgery in July 2012 - lost 195 and regain in the last 4 years of 80lbs. 3 months ago I dedicated myself back to Low Carb eating and down 28 lbs of the regained weight. This is hard and the older I get the harder it gets. I love my junk food and have always turned to it in whatever hyped emotional state I was in. I may have figured out how the Low Carb eating style can work for me but only time will tell. But for now, I am working it! and I am working out 4 to 5 times a week again. I just wanted you guys to know that you have another sister in this battle with you and I wish you all the best in the journey.
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm back on track as well! I stopped logging on to MFP a few months ago, stopped tracking what i was eating and BAM! 10 lbs came right back on! I'm 4 yrs out, as of March 4th. I started with just tracking how and what i was eating, and after just 1 day, i could already see that i was allowing ALOT of bad habits to creep back in... As of today, I am back to yogurts, protein drinks and 1 small meal per day. I'm hoping this helps..