May 1 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Well it's officially May and today starts my first class of PIYO. So yesterday one of my swim buddies says oh do the 8 weeks then take the summer off. This is one of the ladies who is suppose to walk with me. LOL Yep I am afraid she may take the summer off. ;)

Training did not start yesterday. The woman was out sick we will see what today brings. I have to admit the person who relieves the receptionist always works in booth 6. It's considered the desk for the elderly/ handicapped. As there is a chair for the customer and the desk is lower. Lower desk means the air conditioning does not beam you in the back of the head. Another perk.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    May 1
    Exercised?: Yes. Walk 6km in 45 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Smoke haze from controlled burns in the area, not too bad but noticeable (and could taste it on the air).

Congratulations to all who made the Winners circle in April. Any month is a hard month to keep consistency.

Congratulations too to all who kept going in April, even after the fourth pass day. This is really what UAC is about.

Each month I post my goals for the month. It helps keep me focused. They are often the same month to month, but it is what I aspire to maintain.

Personal goals for May:
    1. Be in winners circle (track everything, keep under budget, 20+ mins exercise per day, no more than 3 pass days).
    2. Stay between 63kg and 70kg (full maintenance maintenance trying not to go too low but allow it to bounce up a bit too. 70kg is still well inside the normal BMI range for me.).
    3. Stay honest (even if it puts me out of the circle for the month) and continue past failings (forgive mistakes and keep moving forward).
    4. Encourage others where possible.

Wishing best of success to everyone.

Now for review of last month.

Personal goals for April:
    1. Be in winners circle (track everything, keep under budget, 20+ mins exercise per day, no more than 3 pass days).
    2. Stay between 64kg and 70kg (full maintenance maintenance trying not to go too low but allow it to bounce up a bit too. 70kg is still well inside the normal BMI range for me.).
    3. Stay honest (even if it puts me out of the circle for the month) and continue past failings (forgive mistakes and keep moving forward).
    4. Encourage others where possible.

How I did:
    1. Be in winners circle (track everything, keep under budget, 20+ mins exercise per day, no more than 3 pass days). Success - All days tracked and under, activity every day (except one).
    2. Stay between 64kg and 70kg (full maintenance maintenance trying not to go too low but allow it to bounce up a bit too. Feeling fine spending the entire of last month well under 70kg, seems now like for me it should be healthy and sustainable. Still have 75kg as my upper limit as it is still just in normal BMI range for me.). Technical fail - Got as low as 63.9kg (For about 5 days), but mostly round the 65kg for most of the month. Lowered minimum for next month as 63.9 did not "feel" too low when I was there.
    3. Stay honest (even if it puts me out of the circle for the month) and continue past failings (forgive mistakes and keep moving forward). Success - No failures in honesty I can recall.
    4. Encourage others where possible. Really for others to judge this, but I try. Do not read as much as I should, just time gets away from me. I also run another challenge here on MFP, but UAC is still my favourite.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,294 Member
    Options
    May 1, 2018
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    May 1, 2018
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Pleased to say I have started May with 3 Yes, despite it being decidedly chilly here. Quite sunny though, and forecast to get better as the week goes on. Very quiet Public Holiday here, but am seeing reports of disturbances elsewhere in the country. It must be hard marking Fete de la Travail (workers' Day) when you don't have any work.
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    May 1st

Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes

Calories burnt:-1786
    Calories consumed:-1643

5K run this morning, followed by 3 separate walks in the afternoon and a bike ride this evening. 103 floors, 13.6 miles, 33,277 steps.

MFP as given me a calorie goal of 1590, so I'm going to try and keep to that.
    I'm over that today but still over 1000 calories spare from exercise.

A good start to the month, hopefully I can keep with it!

• fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone for April!!!!
    Exercise yes, 10 min quigong, 17 min strength training - new for me, promised in April to start something new so here goes...28 min yoga, 90 min cleaning
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 3 mile walk to the pub

Last day in England, fly home tomorrow …
  • moosemoose123
    moosemoose123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep. 60 minutes cardio at taekwondo dojo
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes (with added based on exercise)
  • MaggieFitness2017
    MaggieFitness2017 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Exercised? Yes, 45 minute brisk walk
    Stay within budget? Yes
    Track all food and drink? Yes

This is my first time participating in this challenge. Doing the exercise with my daughter and off to a good start!
  • RWayne48
    RWayne48 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Exercise 20 minutes? Yes
    Stay within budget? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, this was difficult - I do the cooking and tasting along the way and picking on the leftovers as I pack them up...this will help me to curtail these bad habits. I've also got the food scale out and weighing everything !!!
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Exercised? Yes, 30 minutes cleaning
    Calories? Yes, with help of exercise
    Tracked? Yes, every bite and sip

The past two days have been rest days/cleaning days. Back to my walks tomorrow.
  • KLM4k
    KLM4k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Walk hour, plank challenge, push ups
    Calorie budget: yep!
    Keep track of all? Yes!
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes, 40 mins strength training and all my new range of motion activities
    Calories- under by a good margin
    Tracking- yes
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,111 Member
    Options
    May day! Just squeaked by on calories but had a fantastic full out run around with a gang of kids after their school day. I volunteer with an after school homework help program and we run their yayas out before getting down to work. Today was the first time outdoors! The snow is finally all gone and we had an insane game of make it up as you go along. As I was leaving at the end one of the boys said to the leader of the program "she runs really fast for an old..." then stopped himself. I turned around and gave him a thumbs up and shouted "lady" and told him that some day he might catch me! I think I'll probably pay for that next week. In any case, it was the most fun burning calories I've had for a while. And everything is logged. Happy May, all.
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes, 50 min boot camp at 5:30 am
    Calories- yes and under for the day
    Tracking - yes

Welcome to May!
  • Frens0614
    Frens0614 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    May 1st

Exercised?: Yes, weight lifting in the morning and run club after work
    Calories?: Yes, I ate a bigger lunch than I normally would but I wanted energy for the run club.