Weekly update!!

2»

Replies

• Talleah91
    Talleah91 Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2018
    Started a new prenatal workout program this week. I’ve been very discouraged the past week and am hoping the program will help shift my focus and provide some strategies, as I seem to be packing on weight no matter how careful I am about what I eat. How can you tell the difference between fat and water weight? I gained 3lbs in one week but have been getting over 10000 steps per day and never eating more that 2000 calories.
  • Parthus02
    Parthus02 Posts: 50 Member
    edited May 2018
    @Talleah91 It could just be bloat. That happened to me for a while and then I'd drop the weight the next week. If you're fluctuating wildly, I wouldn't worry too much about it, as it should even out the further along you progress. If you're not fluctuating and just keep increasing at a rapid rate, I'd check in with the doctor to make sure everything is as it should be.
  • Parthus02
    How's everyone doing? I'm entering week 11 and still pretty exhausted (although that's probably due to my job) and I still have a permanent undercurrent of constant nausea. For the most part, I've been eating complex carbs, beans and red meat. I can only keep chicken or fish down if it's breaded, so can't wait for that to return to normal. I do eat a lot of fruit as that helps my nausea and it's the easiest thing to consume every 2-3 hours. I fluctuate back and forth between 2-3 lbs weight gain, so I'm on track for nearing the end of first trimester, so excited about that! Plus, all scans show a healthy, hilariously active baby! I'm still relegated to just walking for a workout since my last scare, until I reach 14 weeks. Can't wait for that too. Walking is fine, but I've always been more active. Send in your updates!!
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Parthus02 wrote: »
    I go in for my NIPT tomorrow and although I don't think there's anything to be worried about, I'm on the verge of freaking out. #TheseHormonesWillBeTheDeathOfMe

I can relate. I wept in the kitchen yesterday while I loaded the dishwasher, convinced I was going to miscarry soon. I have absolutely no reason to think that, I already had a normal sonogram, and I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. It's hormones! I hope we both get happy coming into our second trimester...
  • Parthus02
    About to reach 14 weeks this Friday and hoping it comes with major relief. I'm SUPER exhausted from work, although the nausea has given way just a little. I can also definitely do without the acne. The new belly itch isn't a fav, but compared to my 1st trimester symptoms, I'll take it! I lost weight this week which has me worried because I have been eating a lot of carbs. Maybe I haven't been eating enough. I know it's hard for me to get as much water in as I need with my schedule so I gotta figure out a way to fix both of those things. Next appointment is in a week and can't wait to see LB again! How is everyone else progressing along?