When do you workout?

Options
KatieTee83
KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
Hey mamas!
I'm a mom of 2, I work full-time during the day and I have a long-ish commute, so my pockets of free time are limited. I used to do late night workouts after the kids were in bed, but these days I'd rather use that time to relax and read, so I'm switching to hitting the gym on my lunch breaks, which is good, but sometimes gets foiled when coworkers want to do lunch together and I can't say no, haha. Working on that! Finding the time to fit exercise into my life is a struggle right now. When do you all workout?

Replies

• kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It can definitely be a struggle! Most of the time I work out on my lunch break. It does get thwarted from time to time, like last week when the office got treated to a restaurant lunch. In those cases I try to shuffle around my rest day to compensate. Sometimes I can squeeze in a quick 20-30 minute fitness video during the kids' bathtime if my husband isn't working. On the weekends I typically get one or two much longer workouts done. I find getting a minimum 4 workouts in a week quite doable with these methods. 5 or 6 can be more challenging.

One thing's for sure though, once those kids are in bed, my bottom hits the couch so fast and I don't think that will ever change.
  • shadowbaby4
    shadowbaby4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's really tough to find the time! I wish I could be one of those people who wake up early to go running or hit the gym, but it just never seems to happen. I end up working out right before bed most nights. It helps me shut off my brain so I can sleep, though, so I can't complain.
  • quark3
    quark3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Same. I set my alarm and when it goes off I just think about how I need to sleep more.
  • kg000
    kg000 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of four under 9, work full time, and have found that the only time I can fit time in for me and actually workout is in the early morning. Once I got over the shock of waking up early, I'm now into a groove and get up at 4am M-F to work out. It's hard at first but when you start seeing results, its totally worth it. I try not to think about getting up at all, once the alarm goes off, because if you do, you can talk yourself out of it real fast. It helps my mental sanity to work out early too. All my time goes to the kids, mu husband, and my job, so this is really the only time I spend on myself...
  • newlook1981
    newlook1981 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies new to the group I hit the gym 2 times a day . Im a mom of 3 and work full time . I get up at the butt crack of dawn to do fasted card, head home shower/get ready for work and get kids ready to school. Then I go back late at night once kids are in bed. Its tough but has be done if i want to hit my goals .
  • kg000
    kg000 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Love that newlook1981! That's basically what I do but I do back to back workouts in the morning... Gym at 4 then hike at 5. I agree- the bigger the goal (and/or the quicker you want results) you have to go hard!