Negative Calorie Adjustments

Options
mutantspicy
mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
My activity level is set to lightly active and I have negative calorie adjustment turned on. I have sedentary days, usually on sunday I try to catch up on my DVR and that is my lazy day. Even then I could take only 100 steps and still get a slight positive adjustment. The only time I have ever seen it give me a negative adjustment is when the apps lose sync temporarily, then it will me a -702. But once they sync up I could only take 50 steps for whole day and get an actual positive adjustment. Has anyone else experienced this is anyone here using the negative the adjustment is it working?

Replies

• mutantspicy
    Options
    So now I'm experience the other extreme. I walked 17000 steps today. MFP was sync'd for 16000 or so, then unsync'd and I cannot connect, the result all of the calories I earned today are now negative calories. So I earned an extra 800 calories from steps today, but its saying nope thats what samsung planned but now its reading zero sooo, they are all negative now. There is definitely something fubar with the negative calorie feature with S Health and MFP.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the same issue. Did some actual exercise yesterday through my job (lots of walking/lifting) and it ended up reading -1700 calories burned. It only seems to read a negative value when I do actual exercise.
  • mutantspicy
    Options
    ^ I'm finding out that is exactly the problem. My step count works fine until I log an actual exercise. So If I log say 30 mins of yoga, all my steps turn negative. If I uncheck negative calorie adjustment, my steps go to zero. so apparently I need to not use S Health for tracking specific exercise. I guess I will go back to using UA Record. Still though, I'm not seeing the negative calorie adjustment taking effect unless there is a bug like I just describe.
  • mutantspicy
    Options
    Today I received this response from the MFP staff at the Tech Support.

Hello,

We are aware of the problem, and are currently working on a resolution.

For now we would suggest not manually entering in exercises like this.

We hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Warm Regards,
    Maximiliano
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I think I may know the issue. By default, if you don't add food items to the diary in the Samsung Health app, it automatically guesstimates how many calories you had by dividing your max calorie allowance into three equal parts (breakfast/lunch/dinner). MFP and SH don't sync their diaries. For me this was way overestimating how many calories I was eating (SH has my max set to 3650 calories while here it's set to 2900).

I started manually adding my foods to the SH app and it seems more accurate this time (it gave me a bonus of 560 calories even after exercise).
  • mutantspicy
    edited May 2018
    Options
    hmm. I never needed to worry about SH food diary before. But its worth a look I suppose.
    BTW MFP and SH do attempt to sync their diaries it just doesn't always work. In fact mine hasn't sync'd in a long time.

Edit : I just checked, there must be a setting to turn off auto fill on your food diary in SH, I seem to recall doing that. Because lists out 0 cal of food everyday for a long time. I'm pretty sure S Health is trying not double dip calories, so its trying remove basic activity cals from recorded workouts, and gets confused and the code breaks down. It seems to be repair UA record right now, and occasionally S health gets it sorted just before midnight each but not always. Frustrating.