Feeling Empowered by Getting Back on Track

Options
lizadaze
lizadaze Posts: 118 Member
It’s never to late to get back on track! Had VSG 4 years ago and maintained an 80 lb. loss for two years, then gradually put back on 32lbs through bad habits again (carbs, sugar, slider foods, etc).

Started the 5 Day Pouch Test yesterday and already feel so much better and back in touch with my pouch. Looking forward to ending the week back on track and then to work out a modified Keto diet plan for myself thereafter.

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @lizadaze Excellent! Never too late to be healthy. I'm kind of doing a "modified keto" myself. I basically mostly eat whole foods. Anything in it's natural form I eat as much as I want. Meat nuts fruit veggies seeds beans etc. I'm 3+years post op and been about the same weight for a year. Healthier and happier than ever and just ran my first FULL MARATHON.
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @lizadaze I'm 4 yrs out (as of March 4th) as well, maintained a 95-99lb weight loss and then since Christmas, I've put on 10lbs (14lbs from my lowest weight). I started back on shakes and protein bars this week. Havent lost anything yet, but I do feel like I'm not starving all the time. I've been seeing alot of people doing the Keto diet. May look into that once I get my eating habits under control! :)
  • Athollass
    Athollass Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I am 3 years out and have recently gained 10 lbs. Not a happy camper as I lost 83 lbs. and maintained up until March of this year. I seem to be hungry a lot and have started snacking on less than healthy items. I wonder if the pouch test will help but I am not sure what it is. Can someone explain?
  • dizzybellRN
    dizzybellRN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    3 years out for me too, lost 140 and over the past year I am up 36 pounds due to reverting back to my old habits. Had to shop for bigger pants and I was aghast at the size I had to buy. Back on serious track since yesterday, whole foods and modified keto. Need to cut out the alcohol completely and listen to my sleeve.
  • Athollass
    Athollass Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well, after posting the above I went back to square one. Got out all my post-op literature read and re-read all the instructions/tips. Got back to Tracking here on MFP, limiting myself to the 1200 cal my physician recommended and drinking protein supplement. Now I'm down 5 lbs. and am working to get those other 5 off. I have to admit I had become lax in my eating habits. I don't know if I became complacent or bored but the 10 lbs was a wake up call. I am so glad I "rebooted" before gaining more.
  • seattlehorn
    seattlehorn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Three years out and the stories above sound so familiar. Tracking really helped in my first year and I'm hoping it will help me get rid of a 20 pound regain -- 15 more to go! -- and then maybe -- just possibly -- I can inch toward the VSG goal I never reached. Would love support and accountability, so feel free to friend me.