June Schedule of Challenges!

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
edited May 2018 in Social Groups
Well, after a one week post Boot Camp hiatus, our weekly challenges resume here on the Building Healthy Habits group! We’ve got an exciting lineup of challenges planned for June! And since we have some new members in our group, if you’d like to receive an email notification when a new weekly challenge is posted, send me an email to: buildinghealthyhabits2@gmail.com and I will add you to our email notification list. (To those of you who subscribed through the old challenge a day list, I’ve updated our email to reflect our new group name, Building Healthy Habits. I’ve moved the emails over to the new account, so there’s no need for you to resubscribe.)

Here’s what’s on the horizon for June:

June 4 - June 17: Theme: Healthy Practices
Challenge: ZZzzzzzzzzz......

Do you get enough sleep? Most of us do not. Sleep deprivation is a chronic, widespread problem with terrible health consequences and even social implications (for example, sleep deprived people are much more likely to cause an auto accident). Sleep is absolutely essential but too often it gets marginalized. Not this week! Let’s give sleep the time, space, and focus needed to make regular restorative sleep a daily occurrence in our lives. And if you are already a good sleeper, please participate and share your tips and insights with us. Good sleep is so essential that I’m making this a special 2 week challenge!

June 11 - June 17: Theme: Exercise and Movement
Challenge: Lots of Squats

Yes, we'll be focused on squats this week because this compound exercise works major muscle groups and belongs in almost everyone's exercise toolbox. This challenge has been crafted just for us by certified personal trainer and health coach, Jen Sturm. Whether you're just starting with squats or pretty advanced, Jen's got you covered. Join us!

June 18 - June 24: Theme: Healthy Practices
Challenge: Accident Proof

Summer means the kids are home, pools are in use, and grills are grilling. Unfortunately, summer is also a time for many household accidents. How safe is your home? Does anything need repairing that could cause an accident? This week, we'll be taking a room by room inventory of our homes to catch potential problems before they cause trouble.

June 25 - July 1: Theme: Sharing Your Wisdom
Challenge: You Can Quote Me (By Request)

Do you have a favorite quote that has inspired you on your journey to better health? Most of us have one or more motivational quotes that we’ve copied, displayed, and revisit when we need a bit of inspiration. This week let’s share our favorite quotes and how they’ve impacted us. Let’s get inspired!

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for these challenges. This is going to keep me focused and on track this Summer!! Can’t wait.
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been off this group for a bit but I think coming back for June is perfect!
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wow! Week 1of June is definitely going to a challenge. Week 2 is perfect; I already have a head start. Week 3 will be a nice way to double check things I may have overlooked without realizing. And week 4 will take some thought :)
  • Bethebestmeforme
    Bethebestmeforme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the challenges :)