Do vegans even need to diet?

Options
fivestarlight
fivestarlight Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2018 in Social Groups
Most of you will know that being vegan doesn’t necessarily mean being skinny or under weight. In fact, it’s just as easy to gain weight and eat junk food as vegan.
So what do you do to get good results from your food intake?
Do you calorie count? Or eat as much of nature’s food as your heart desires? Do you pay attention to your nutrition intake?
Please tell us what works for you!

Replies

• eturney346
    eturney346 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I still count my calories. I gain weight easily, so I still have to be contientous of everything I eat.
  • winter_willows
    winter_willows Posts: 10 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I count, because I could eat 2 lenny and Larry cookies {which I love} and blow ~800 calories without noticing. Vegan food still has calories and a surplus of calories will cause weight gain whether it comes from bacon or bananas. For health reasons, however, I mostly eat a high raw diet because I love how it makes me feel :)
  • redheadrocker22
    redheadrocker22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do calorie count but also make sure I am eating a balanced diet. Though my problem is still bread, pasta and potatoes. Iv been vegan since january but was Vegetarian previously consuming to much cheese, my weight hasn't gone down. My problem is portion control :(
  • carlosguzman928
    carlosguzman928 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah vegans should still diet!!! But it isn't bad at all
    Anytime I make a meal I think about 3 things
    1) I circle my meal around a protein source, but it's not the bulk of the meal I think of it as the heart of the meal. In take of protein depends on what you are trying to do.
    2) the carb, that's were the energy comes from! So about 1/3 (or more) of my meal is the carb source
    3) the vegetables! It's the best part it's veg in vegan , I'd say aside from strachy vegetables you can eat as much veggies as you want! I usually have 1/2 my meal be veggies

So when if comes to being vegan, no you don't have to diet when it comes to veggies.
    Just watch how much carbs you take in! If you don't need the energy don't eat the carbs!