What are your goals and what are you doing to get there?

Options
My goals are to lose 70 pounds, build muscle and fit into 32 x 32 men's Levi 501 button fly. I'm flexible with the weight if I can get into the jeans. I'm 52 and have aches and pains and arthritis and 2 kids and a full time job and homeschool and a house and a husband (oops, look at the order of that) and a dog. So many reasons have kept me from taking care of myself. Not anymore. This is what self compassion looks like for me right now. If the people who join (hope) think it's a good idea we can post our goals in the announcements, so they are at the top of our minds.

The sun is shining out side my window, looks like a glorious day!

Christine

Replies

• Debbborra
    Debbborra Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to change my relationship with food. Food is like a bad boyfriend. I'm 5'2" and I need to lose 65 pounds. I'm in my 50's and my bathing suit days are over. What I want is to have weight become a non-issue and for food to be something I can enjoy responsibly and without fear.
  • DUBZIE1
    DUBZIE1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Would very much like to be added to this group. My Doctor said I was pre-diabetic. Lab work needs improving. Attend an OA meeting once a week. Have trouble with overeating and night time bingeing. Ketogenic Diet is supposed to relieve these cravings. Am over 60. Just bought a Garmin activity tracker and sincerely hope and pray that this and more support will keep me on the right weight loss path.
  • norvyn
    norvyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just change a few things and I'm almost like everyone in this group. 55, needs to lose 70 lbs, pre-diabetic. Always hungry - or so I think I am. I just started Keto about 2 weeks ago and so far I've lost 9.8 lbs. And I'm not hungry. That's a big, big, big thing for me. I've tried so many diet plans and diet apps before, but as soon as I feel the hunger pains, I'm out. No discipline or stick-to-itiveness whatsoever.

One other benefit I'm getting from no to very little carbs on the Keto diet, I don't feel tired or run-down. I actually mowed my sister's lawn 2 days ago, in 90 degree heat. I couldn't believe how much energy I have right now.

I'm joining this group because I know me. My other "problem" is inconsistency. I'm on a high right now, but at some point I will get bored or disappointed and will let my guard down. And there are so many temptations around me. Friends wanting to go out to eat and drink - like the usual. Family who keep pushing food on me, like I'm hurting their feelings if I don't eat what they cooked. I need to be able to connect with people who are going through the same life challenges that I'm experiencing.
  • Amandap0606
    Amandap0606 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a 37 yrs old foster mom trying to get healthier for my family. I've been doing keto since February 4th of this year and have lost 23 lbs. The past couple months I've had a few cheat days that kind of turned into cheat weeks and I want to correct that. I have set a goal of being at my wedding weight by our 12th anniversary which basically gives me four weeks to lose 12 lbs. This is just a small goal in my weight loss journey. I'll have 40 more pounds left to lose after I hit my anniversary goal.

Good luck to everyone!