The Problem with Dairy for PCOS

Options
2»

Replies

• animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I find that I have more issues with softer cheese that harder ones - so maybe I'm more a casein person and less a whey person?

I do know several folks who've noticed improvements without dairy, but if you have multiple triggers, @animatorswearbras , it is definitely possible that you'd need to remove all gluten, dairy, and soy (among others) BEFORE you notice the difference from being dairy free.... Also please check labels and such to make sure you aren't being accidentally dairied by a food with an additive.

The EU is really strict about food/allergen labelling so I don't think I've accidentally consumed it, I was accidentally given a buttered sandwich last Friday but that's it. Crikey gluten soy and dairy free, not sure what I'd eat lol >_< I may try eliminating one at a time out of curiosity but don't think I could put myself through that restrictive a diet all at once unless I was presented clinical proof.
  • madambutterfly91
    madambutterfly91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling @animatorswearbras
    I have had to cut out gluten for a long time and just recently started having severe issues with dairy. And I know something is still messing up my system when I eat sometimes. I haven’t figured it out though. And I really don’t like the prospect of cutting anything else out, but I’m getting really sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time so I’m trying all the same.
    When I cut out gluten it proved to be way worth it. I felt so much better, so I think finding this issue will be worth it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I often wonder, though, if we're feeding our cattle and chickens grains, are we still being "glutened," even if glancingly??
  • aresvallis
    aresvallis Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You probably are, but not in the way someone might expect. My sister had to find gluten free meat for her very allergic son because apparently most common butcher processes uses some sort of gluten product on the meat. This is what she's told me and she said she'd been shocked at the amount of foods you wouldn't expect to require gluten free labeling.
  • MJsStory
    MJsStory Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I already have a very strict diet as it has to be msg and soy free. I thought about dairy free but then what would I eat? Cheese is currently a big part of my diet
  • aresvallis
    aresvallis Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but when I stopped eating cheese couple months ago I stopped getting stomach cramps and felt so much less bloated you have no idea. Dairy and gluten is inflammatory for me apparently. But there are plenty of other things out there. I replaced cheese with pickles and eggs.