Workout Jams?!

Options
Hey everybody! I get bored with working out so easily so I usually entertain myself with listening to music, as I'm sure many do. Anybody willing to share their favorite workout songs that motivate you during your workout? I'm always looking for new stuff to listen to. :smiley:

Replies

• smokinbluegrass
    smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don't have favorites, but I will say that right as I started that last mile yesterday, the 12" version of "Atomic Dog" started playing and got me through nearly to the end.
  • smokinbluegrass
    Options
    And pretty much any Benny Benassi.
  • DomieCarrasco
    DomieCarrasco Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Haha. I've been on a Justin Timberlake kick lately. "Mother lovers" is a fun one.

And niki Minaj --- anything really. She's always up beat.

Or if you wannna pretend your in an epic battle. Requiem for a Dream is another good one.

My music taste varies a lot, but I know what you mean about getting bored with the music. I'm constantly searching for new music.
  • canadian_vegan
    canadian_vegan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    soundcloud for dj mixes ;)
  • PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I listent to rock albums of classy bands like the velvet underground, the beatles, rollingstones, led zeppelin, ac/dc, deep purple, genesis etc and also indie like neutral milk hotel, animal collective, my bloody valentine, the flamming lips, mecury rev, etc. I keep discovering new music, it's the best option since my fav bands would start to bore me.

I usually asemble a playlist with my favourite songs for when I plan to surpass my distance or speed running pr's
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Difficult to beat 70s disco/hustle/funk etc. If you want my playlist and have Spotify, look for kitschcamp and EFM 750 Workout.
  • SFBoomr
    SFBoomr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    vollans wrote: »
    Difficult to beat 70s disco/hustle/funk etc. If you want my playlist and have Spotify, look for kitschcamp and EFM 750 Workout.

I came out during the '70s. It's a little worrisome when one is old enough to have one's youth become camp. What would Susan Sontag say? :D

• whineosaur
    whineosaur Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like to write down my workout playlists and post them on Instagram to motivate me. Here are some of my recent playlists:

1a1nk9fh2lah.png
    rs7da62milii.png
    ljefkv89t4zt.png
  • CommanderEmily
    CommanderEmily Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I cough up the change for spotify premium (offline playlists perfect if you are exercising away from wifi and don't have to buy individual songs or albums) and they have so many awesome playlists without having to build one. And if you search workout jams or music I bet tons of users have made public playlists you would like. They even had Pride playlists lol.I sometimes stress too hard trying to make a playlist and feel like I can't gwt the right flow. I like that someone else did the legwork for me lol. And the Daily Mix Playlists spotify curates based on what I listen to in different genres are really awesome! I was going through a huge elextroswing kick for a bit (Don't knock it til you try it, these women have throaty sexy vocals and the modern beat can be perfrctnto move to) and when I saw spotify had an autogwnerating playlist based on that and not just too pop or whatever else I had been listening to I was over the moon! I even found new songs thanks to it. If you want great playlists with minimal effort, spotify can have you covered.
  • steelaxitute2127
    steelaxitute2127 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Depends on what type of music you want to listen to. I usually switch up my playlists every day, just so I don't get complacent and listen to the same songs over and over again. Demi's Sorry Not Sorry is good for running, though. As is anything by Halestorm.
  • thanniesp
    thanniesp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Haha, some sexy songs that get me excited in the gym lol. Like: Hotter than hell and Hands free
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    50 cent In da club
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I listen to podcasts/audiobooks, gets my mind off what I'm doing... sometimes I'll go for scissor sisters or something.
  • EimearTheDreamer4
    EimearTheDreamer4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Vienna Teng has some great high-tempo stuff for supersets and running- I have Level Up and Never Look Away on repeat at the moment
  • smokinbluegrass
    Options
    Lots of deadmau5 lately, particularly looped mixes of "Hey Baby."
  • AvengingPhoenix
    AvengingPhoenix Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When I workout I usually alternate between the Mulan warrior workout playlist on Spotify, a playlist of gay bops (Hayley kiyoko, zolita, marina and the diamonds, etc), or the bnha soundtrack with the devilman crybaby theme song mixed in.
  • FuzzyDicePHL
    FuzzyDicePHL Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Podcasts by DJ Corey Craig are awesome, continuous mixed sets of great house music. He tends toward more pop music sometimes, but he’s also great with slipping in some classics which always serve to surprise me and give me a boost of enthusiasm for my workout. :)
  • JacobAO
    JacobAO Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Marina and the Diamonds, Robyn, Demi Lavato, Meghan Trainor, Katy Perry, Cher Lloyd, Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Amy Winehouse, Ariana Grande, Beyoncé, La Roux, Britney Spears, Ellie Goulding, Cascada, and the Fifty Shades is Grey soundtrack!