Special Needs Parents?

Options
diggiedawn
diggiedawn Posts: 4 Member
Hello Everyone! I am a mother of two special needs kiddos. I am looking for other special needs parents out there who are needing support as well. Feel free to message/add me! Thanks!

Replies

• Crochetmama84
    Crochetmama84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have 3 kiddos. My youngest 2 have ADHD and ODD. They lack impulse control and i have difficulty taking them anywhere... So walks and going anywhere is hard with them. Its gotten better as theyre getting older but its still challenging.
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My 9 year old is on the spectrum and ADHD. I often joke I have parenting PTSD because of him but it's pretty true. I have two more- a mellow but very emotional 7 year old and a WILD 3 year old who I reminds me very much of my oldest in terms of high activity, ability to escape and urge to run away from me constantly. It's hard to go out with all 3 to do literally anything but hubs and I work opposite shifts since son #1 is daycare proof lol. I've def gained quite a bit of weight due to general depression related to the kids' issues.
  • pinkkatie19
    pinkkatie19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I am a mother of two (2&1/2 and 5 months) and I teach children with multiple disabilities. I give you all a lot of credit I know it's not easy for you to be a parent of a child with special needs. Do it all one day at a time, and celebrate even the small acomplishments!