Introduce Yourself

Options
hubn8147
hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
Greetings! I'm 31, am a mom to a beautiful 2 year old, and live in Boise, ID. I've always been on a roller coaster with my weight, so I'm back on MFP to make some changes! This time around I'm aiming for a permanent mindset change for a more positive outlook. I've recently lost all my baby weight and am looking to lose another 22 lbs.

Replies

• maggie4721
    maggie4721 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 34 and my daughter is 2 years old. We live in NJ close to NYC. Like hubn8147, my weight has been up and down as well. When my daughter, B, was breastfeeding, I didn't lose the weight like I thought I would. We've since stopped, but I keep eating for two - and definitely not healthy choices.

I'm hoping to find some motivation to move more and prepare better meals for my family. Thanks for creating the group!
  • carnabee
    carnabee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello from Warwickshire, England! I have a 6 and 2 year old. I've lost around 35 lbs and am currently trying to maintain, but finding it surprisingly difficult so far! Recently started running, currently on week 7 of Couch 2 5k. Hoping to be a positive role model for my family :)
  • PennysBoat
    PennysBoat Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi, I'm Melissa and 31, from Pittsburgh. I have two kids (3 and 13 months). We had a rough year when our second was born - I was hospitalized for a month before he came and then he spent 5 weeks in the NICU, followed by open heart surgery. All is finally settling down now and returning to normal, and I need to lose baby weight plus lots of stress eating weight. I'm also still breastfeeding.

I lost 50 pounds prior to having kids so I know I can do this but its so much harder now and so much slower. I've been getting as much walking in as I can and watching my calories. I'd also like to do couch to 5k again!
  • nasimiyu
    nasimiyu Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hello! I’m 31 (edit to add -I’m from Vermont!) - my first baby passed shortly after birth due to prematurity. My second is 14 months. She was born at 28 weeks and we spent 2 and a half months in NICU. So the last few years have been rough and I haven’t taken care of myself. I also gained 30 lbs with each pregnancy that I haven’t managed to lose. I’m trying to find time to look after me. I don’t want my daughter to ever be embarrassed of me. And I want to set a good example for her. I also want to be strong. Like physically strong. And to be able to run again.
  • Jbrisson1982
    Jbrisson1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 35 years old with a 2 1/2 year old son and I work full time in law enforcement which means shift work. On the 28th of May, I started the Beachbody program "80 Day Obsession" and I am finally taking time for myself to eat healthy and exercise daily. I want my son to grow up feeling strong, healthy and not worried about his weight. He is already watching me and tells me to exercise LOL I am also running a 10km and half marathon this year so trying to fit runs into my life as well. Best thing is that I get to spend time with my son on runs and he gets mad when I slow down or walk. He is a drill Sgt!!!! I would love the motivation when my eating or exercising aren't on point or when I start to self-sabotage with negative thoughts and words.

I would like to lose around 20 pounds and just be able to fit into my clothes comfortably.
  • hubn8147
    Options
    maggie4721 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 34 and my daughter is 2 years old. We live in NJ close to NYC. Like hubn8147, my weight has been up and down as well. When my daughter, B, was breastfeeding, I didn't lose the weight like I thought I would. We've since stopped, but I keep eating for two - and definitely not healthy choices.

I'm hoping to find some motivation to move more and prepare better meals for my family. Thanks for creating the group!

I was surprised when I was breastfeeding when the weight didn't "fall" off like everyone said it would. That was so misleading for me because I just kept eating too thinking it would have no effect on my weight. Next time around we'll all be wiser :smile:
  • hubn8147
    Options
    PennysBoat wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Melissa and 31, from Pittsburgh. I have two kids (3 and 13 months). We had a rough year when our second was born - I was hospitalized for a month before he came and then he spent 5 weeks in the NICU, followed by open heart surgery. All is finally settling down now and returning to normal, and I need to lose baby weight plus lots of stress eating weight. I'm also still breastfeeding.

I lost 50 pounds prior to having kids so I know I can do this but its so much harder now and so much slower. I've been getting as much walking in as I can and watching my calories. I'd also like to do couch to 5k again!

Oh my goodness, I cannot even imagine how hard it must've been seeing your little one in the NICU for that long! How stressful indeed! So glad he's doing better. When I was breastfeeding I was trying to drink water like crazy! It's so hard though.

The Couch to 5K made all the difference for me this time around! I loved it and now am running all the time again!
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Hi everyone :) nice to meet you and good luck with your journey on MFP and as mommies! I'm 31 years old, live in Fresno, California, and have a 3 month old son. My long term goals are to lose 20 lbs and go down a dress size or two. My short term goals are to eat within my calorie goal for the day and do something to stay active as often as possible. Looking forward to supporting each other!! XO