Fallout 76

iamunicoon
iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
Anyone else as excited as I am?

Bethesda did a fantastic job of keeping the actual announcement a secret. While everyone was busy being all bummed about the news of it probably just being "Fallout Light", they were preparing to give us this huge beast of a game.

What do you think of what they told us so far?

I love the setting and what we saw of the vault so far. Also, the survival / base building and the sheer size of the game have me wetting myself in both, excitement and fear (I'm over 30, do I have enough lifetime left for this?).

But the online features...eh, I don't know yet. I hope they find a good solution for the obvious PvP issues of people just being jerks about it. And the build anything anywhere may be a problem, too. I hope it won't be as horrible as it is in Ark where one tiny piece of foundation will block a huge chunk of land for everyone else.

Replies

• andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Im cautiously optimistic untill i get some more info and some actuall gameplay. I have stopped being to hyped up about games since they disappoint 75% of the time.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Got excited, saw online crap, closed window. Ah well, I can wait six years for FO5.
  • ChozoSpectre
    ChozoSpectre Posts: 19 Member
    I'm more excited now that it looks like you can still play solo. Playing multi might actually be fun now that it isn't the entire game.. I will forever be a slave to whatever Bethesda spits out anyway :blush:
  • iamunicoon
    I don't mind playing online, or even multiplayer if it's done right.

The problem with most multiplayer games for me is that there are so many douches around and that it's usually aimed at short term coop. Find a group, do the thing, split up. It looks like F76 may provide some more long term group activities. But even then, I imagine it'll be hard to find the right group.
  • ChozoSpectre
    ChozoSpectre Posts: 19 Member
    Yeah plus I'm sure you'll be able to employ private servers so if you're going to get nuked at least its out of love ;D
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    I'm on the fence about this one. I got the feeling it'll turn into a massive grief game fest.
  • Canadian_Expat
    Canadian_Expat Posts: 17 Member
    Pretty excited... replaying Fallout 4 currently with a Melee build for the first time!
  • iamunicoon
    I'm on the fence about this one. I got the feeling it'll turn into a massive grief game fest.

I think it's good that they brought this possible issue up beforehand but I don't like how vague they are about what exactly they intend to do about it.

They said that apparently you can mute / ignore or otherwise prevent people from harming or killing your character but I'm not quite sure how that would go. Whether you can disable combat mode completely like on GTA Online or change settings for single characters. I guess we'll have to see.

Another thing I'm curious to find out about is how they're gonna do it with absolutely no NPC's involved. I think this means there'll either be no quests which might make it all seem a bit aimless, or just pop-up windows which could take away from the atmosphere.

I was bummed to learn that there won't be cross platform gaming for PS4 owners. Stupid Sony!
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    iamunicoon wrote: »

I think it's good that they brought this possible issue up beforehand but I don't like how vague they are about what exactly they intend to do about it.

They said that apparently you can mute / ignore or otherwise prevent people from harming or killing your character but I'm not quite sure how that would go. Whether you can disable combat mode completely like on GTA Online or change settings for single characters. I guess we'll have to see.

Another thing I'm curious to find out about is how they're gonna do it with absolutely no NPC's involved. I think this means there'll either be no quests which might make it all seem a bit aimless, or just pop-up windows which could take away from the atmosphere.

I was bummed to learn that there won't be cross platform gaming for PS4 owners. Stupid Sony!

I saw something about how the no NPCs is just no human NPCs. Whatever that means. And all quests and lore telling will be done via computer terminals throughout the wasteland.

I think they have a great concept here. I'm just really nervous how they deliver it and maintain it.
  • Canadian_Expat
    Canadian_Expat Posts: 17 Member
    iamunicoon wrote: »

I saw something about how the no NPCs is just no human NPCs. Whatever that means. And all quests and lore telling will be done via computer terminals throughout the wasteland.

I think they have a great concept here. I'm just really nervous how they deliver it and maintain it.

I guess if computer terminals are important better set intelligence to 10...
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Anyone playing the Beta? Loving the new game. It would be better with friends