Week 1

Should we post when we run/walk to encourage each other to keep going? I'm excited to have support! Also, I feel like I should mention that my current version of "running" is actually a very slow jog but that's me really trying. I wouldn't mind letting you know how my experience goes as I try each week's workout according to the plan posted for us :)

Replies

• Should we post when we run/walk to encourage each other to keep going? I'm excited to have support! Also, I feel like I should mention that my current version of "running" is actually a very slow jog but that's me really trying. I wouldn't mind letting you know how my experience goes as I try each week's workout according to the plan posted for us :)

Ladies, I did it!! I went to the local high school track and ran (aka slowly jogged) for 2 minutes then walked for 2 minutes 3 times for a total of 12 minutes. I will try to do it a 2 or 3 more times before a week is up then I will move on to week 2 of our running plan.
  • I was suppose to "run" again tonight, maybe I might still do it but I doubt it. I honestly had a rough day and instead of going to the track after I laced up my sneakers, I went to the grocery store and bought a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and Hot Cheetos. Some days are just harder than others I guess. I'll try to get back on track now. Oh and I already ate the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and Hot Cheetos.
  • blg0524
    blg0524 Posts: 33 Member
    I totally didn’t run yesterday either, and I felt bummed because I was super excited Friday! But I ran this morning (Sunday) and felt really proud!

I went on a paved trail in town really early so no one could see how hard I was struggling to run pretty much as fast as a brisk walk
  • blg0524 wrote: »
    I totally didn’t run yesterday either, and I felt bummed because I was super excited Friday! But I ran this morning (Sunday) and felt really proud!

I went on a paved trail in town really early so no one could see how hard I was struggling to run pretty much as fast as a brisk walk

You should feel proud! That's great!! XoXo. I'll try to run today because you inspired me.
  • blg0524
    edited June 2018
  • blg0524
  • I did it! I went to the track and did our workout. Thank you for motivating me
  • blg0524
    Nice work!! Hope you’re proud of yourself!
  • blg0524
    Welp, I just got back from my run for the day. Good luck to you!
  • blg0524 wrote: »
    Welp, I just got back from my run for the day. Good luck to you!

I didn't run today :'( but I will run tomorrow
  • blg0524
    I didn’t run today. I felt crappy mentally and physically and made every excuse not to exercise.
  • blg0524
    Hope today was better for you
  • blg0524
    Imagine I put the tongue out emoji, not the flirty one. Lmao MFP doesn’t let you put your own emojis apparently???
  • I did run today but only because I didn't do it yesterday like you. You inspired me! I know it's weird they don't let you put your own emojis. Is everything ok? You can always vent if you want. I'm all ears!
  • blg0524
    I’m glad you were able to get a run in. I ran yesterday and am about to start my workout for today. If it’s not too sticky, I hope to run after! (I live in a very hot and humid climate).

Everything is okay! Just have a lot of uncertainties right now, and it’s been stressful. Thanks for checking in!

Good luck today on your fitness goals!
  • blg0524
    Pulling into the lot for my run! Tomorrow is the start of Week 2 for me. What day this week do you start Week 2?
  • Today is my start of week 2! I'm going to attempt our week 2 workout. I'm suppose to go tonight to the track at 7:30. Its so awesome you ran yesterday and today!! :)<3
  • blg0524
    Nice work!! Let me know how it goes! :):)
  • I did it, I did our week 2 workout! It was hard but it felt so good :)
  • APurpleNinja
    APurpleNinja Posts: 7 Member
    Hello everyone! I just joined. I'm 5'9 259 pounds and brand new to running. I'm currently working my way through C25K and I'm really happy because I managed to finish the first day today. All told I only really jogged for 8 minutes but before I couldn't even finish the workout, so I'm happy.