June 25 Weekly Challenge: You Can Quote Me

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
Theme: Sharing Your Wisdom
Challenge: You Can Quote Me

Losing weight and becoming a healthier, fitter person doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a long-term process. And since it’s a long-term process, it can help to have a regular dose of inspiration. Do you have a favorite quotation that has inspired and motivated you? Maybe something tacked up on your refrigerator or posted next to your computer? Many of us do. This week, let’s share our favorite quotes. The ones that have kept us on track and moving forward when discouragement seemed to rule the day.

This challenge was suggested by @lorrpb and I think it’s a great idea. Lori also proposed an interesting twist: let’s also share how we’ve implemented these quotes in our lives. How have you been inspired to act as a result of your quote? Ideas without action don’t take us very far.

Thank you Lori for the great suggestion. And if you have ideas for future challenges, please chime in. You can post your suggestions here on our Challenge Suggestion Box

I’m looking forward to hearing what has motivated and inspired you!

This weeks challenge: Please post your favorite inspirational quotes and how you’ve implemented them in your life. Any health, wellness or life enhancing quotation is most welcome!

Let’s make it an inspiring week!

Replies

• themedalist
    edited June 2018
    Options
    bqejj3qluada.png

And it’s MoveIt Monday! Please post your Monday workout here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10637806/move-it-monday-weekly-challenge
  • themedalist
    Options
    Here’s one of my favorite quotes:

ge1b9lvbowyk.png

I remind myself of this quite often. Treating myself with food is something I’ve stopped doing. Food is fuel, food is yummy, and food is part of our cultural celebrations. But I’ve stopped thinking “I deserve this food, because of _______.”
  • themedalist
    Options
    “Food won’t fix it. In fact, you’ll then have two things to deal with.” (the original upset & the fact you didn’t meet your food goals)

I use this whenever I’m tempted to eat because I’m upset or stressed (and I realizeI’m not actually in need of fuel.) I remember the quote, sometimes even saying it out loud to myself, “Food won’t fix this.”

Then I figure out what will actually fix it: some exercise, nature, talk to a friend, self-care: bath, book, movie, or take action: contact the person, make a list of what needs to be done, or LET it GO (life is short- is this worth using some of mine I this issue that I won’t even remember in a month or year.

Exactly! And your quote reminded me of another quote I repeat often along these lines:

“If hunger isn’t the problem, then eating isn’t the solution.”

And LET it GO is a great reminder!

Thank you, @MadisonMolly2017!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    I love your quote, too!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.

This is my word this year, tough. Bring it on!
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Ella Fitzgerald;
    ‘Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.’

It can seem very dark out there sometimes ...But we have more love and inspiration and beauty around us than we think if we just take time to look ...and ask. 🌹❤🧘‍♂️