July 3 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    July 3
    Exercised?: Yes. 8km in 60 mins (various walks in North Sydney).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Walk over lunch and then another for dinner.

Working hard to be close to daily calories (found usual tendency when travelling was being a long way under).
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    July 3
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Exercice : Yes, swam for 30 minutes, walked for another 30.
    Stayed within calories: Yes, without using the exercice ones
    Logged everything: Yes

Goals for July:
    Finish the month, without crashing out
    Do at least 30 minutes of exercice a day, one bikeride, two swimming sessions and the rest walking
    Eat nice and healthy food, within calorie budget
    Enjoy myself and do lots of fun things!
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    July 3
    Exercise: 60 minutes of strenght training
    Calories: cut it pretty close 74 calories left.
    Tracked: Tracked everything
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Double Jiu Jitsu day means it was a good day. We started our ladies only Jiu Jitsu classes this morning and had 7 ladies on the mat (and one guy because the extra lady needed a partner) Three new people which was awesome so it was like everyone had a private coach. Evening class was more comp prep. I took an elbow to the nose but no blood and it looks straight so hopefully not broken!

Chaotic day between work and training means I only ate on the run and didn't even get to most of my lunch. Over the last few days I've been under my ideal intake and I need to keep my energy up for Sat so I'm giving myself a higher budget of calories tomorrow when I go out for lunch with a friend.

Everything logged.
  • 4pence
    4pence Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    6n9uigdtefvk.png
    Yesterday, there was an excellent question: Do you get to add your exercise calories to your daily calorie limit?
    The UAC has no rule about that concept. Why? Because you get to decide. Some of us walk for exercise and others run marathons. If a marathoner kept a calorie limit that was too low, they would be unable to function. On the other hand, most days, my exercise is not as demanding. You can decide whether to 'eat back' some exercise calories or you can decide to not eat-back exercise calories.
    By the end of this month, if you are not getting closer to your goal, you will recognize whether you need to make calorie limit changes.
    Best wishes, Rick

Thank you, this does help! I have a 3x week gym routine which involves cardio, weights and toning. However I don't think it's as intense as warranting eating back the calories. That being said, so far I've only been withing 100 of my goal and also its really my first time being excruciatingly strict on my tracking (bites and tastes!)

Anyway my check-in today:

Exercise: yep, worked from home but walked to the shops at lunch and later in the day. Maybe an hour overall. Gym tomorrow!
    Calories: A tiny over but within exercise budget. I caved and had wine in the garden, but absolutely miraculously I didn't snack! That's honestly a huge deal for me.
    Tracking: Yes! In the past I have ignored a splash of milk or sprays of fry light in the pan but not now!
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Lots of enthusiasm, and helpful posts!
    Exercise yes, 10 mi quigong, 40 min yoga/meditation, 30 min strength training with jessica on you tube, 90 min cleaning, 30 min walk
    Tracking yes every morsel
    Calories yes
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    July 3
    Exersized?yes, I walked today, cleaned on the house.
    Caleries?- yes
    Logged?- yes
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, 3 mile walking, short jog after the football - COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Struggling with squats and press ups
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    July 3
    Exercise? Yes, I did the attached workout.
    Calories under? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
    1uql1kot5k2u.jpeg
  • MicheleWeiss617
    MicheleWeiss617 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, did better today:
    Logged everything I ate and drank: yes
    Stayed within Calorie Limits: yes
    Exercised for 20 minutes: I did get my steps in, however only 10 minutes of active exercise.
  • AnEndlessSkye
    AnEndlessSkye Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, ran 2 miles. With warm-up/cool-down it was 30mins.

July Goals
    1. Keep progressing on my 13.1 training plan
    2. Work out everyday
    3. Make sure I keep doing cross training such as weights, core, arms, and squats.
    4. Lose at least 1lb a week
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,202 Member
    Options
    Good on tracking, just ok on exercise with walking, garden work, practicing, and dabbling about in the pond, and came out a bit over on calories. I am at my minimum weight so that does not worry me and I won't count it as a pass day. It is so hot it's hard to burn off a lot of calories! Tonight is cooler so I'll get in a solid workout first thing tomorrow.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Exercise: 40 min treadmill with incline spurts
    Stayed within calorie budget: yes
    Tracked everything I ate: yes (even the Costco samples)
  • onceabyrne
    onceabyrne Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    July 3

Exercised 👍🏼 1.14 mile walk this morning (25 minutes) and still need to walk the dogs
    Calories 👍🏼 1464/1490
    Tracked 👍🏼 tracked every morsel and refrained from every gluttonous brownie, chip, and dip at a friend’s BBQ. Came home and ate a black bean burger! 💯

I know without a doubt that if I wasn’t in this challenge I would have given myself an excuse to overeat so this was great for me!