Surgery date 6/12/18

Options
YvonneRae1979
YvonneRae1979 Posts: 23 Member
Hi there! My name is Yvonne. I have had fitness pal before but this time will be different...yeah, yeah, I know...Ive said that SO many times before. This time I am having a gastric bypass in a little over 2 weeks, on June 12th. On June 5th I go on a liquid diet. I most likely wont use my diary until I start my liquid diet, but I wanted to get everything sat up and going that way I couldnt procrastinate! I am trying to get friends/supporters so I have to be held accountable. Weight loss surgery is not a cure, but it is a tool. I must continue a healthy lifestyle even after I hit my weightloss goal so that I dont gain anything back. I am the biggest I have ever been in my entire life, Even when I was pregnant both times! I have battled drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, and soda and won those battles with willingness and support and I plan to battle my food addiction in the same manner!
Please add me so we can support each other!

Replies

• SerendipityJami
    SerendipityJami Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I and I’m pre opt now just need to loose a few extra pounds . How’s the liquid diet going for you? You started today right?
  • YvonneRae1979
    Options
    Sorry I just saw this. Liquid diet has been fine. Surgery is Tuesday...yay
  • ylc0208
    ylc0208 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just had my consultation on the 5th. I always have been overweight and have struggled with losing weight. This is not the biggest I've been but close. I'm just looking for some support and encouragement, and to provide the same. Yvonne good luck with your surgery tomorrow.
  • ylc0208
    Options
    Serendipity....I am also in the preop stage. Is great to find people going through the same process.
  • nikkij010
    nikkij010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My surgery is scheduled for the 26th. Started liquid diet June 5th as well. Im having a revision from band to bypass. Hope surgery goes well for you.
  • YvonneRae1979
    Options
    Nice to meet you ladies!
  • ylc0208
    Options
    YvonneRae....how did everything go? How did u feel after surgery? How r u feeling now? Sorry for all the questions.

I saw my primary care provider yesterday for all my preop and to fill out forms. I have a follow up with the Nutritionist on the 2nd. The Behavioral health provider already told me she would let the surgeon know that I am ready. Hopefully after the 2nd all I have left is a 3 hour Nutrition class and schedule my preop appt and surgery. Keeping my 🤞🤞🤞🤞!!
  • YvonneRae1979
    Options
    You'll do great!
    I'm doing really good! I am down 35 pounds. Ill be 1 month post op on Tuesday. Can't wait to be able to eat meat. Its hard to get protein in without it. I drink lots of water tho!
  • ayoungsanchez
    ayoungsanchez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 5-31-18. 298 was my biggest not including pregnancy. I’m down 30 so far. I stalled for a week with jury duty but I’m back on track. Nice to meet everyone.
  • ylc0208
    Options
    Got my surgery date - 08/20/2018. Started my pre-op diet today and will have a EGD on Thursday. I am praying the next 2 weeks go by fast!!!
  • karabear2987
    karabear2987 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Had VSG on 06/28/18 so definitely know your struggles. Would love some more people to talk to regarding WLS and the struggles since most people don't understand. Feel free to add my on here and we can support each other.
  • ylc0208
    Options
    Had VSG on 06/28/18 so definitely know your struggles. Would love some more people to talk to regarding WLS and the struggles since most people don't understand. Feel free to add my on here and we can support each other.

I will add you. It will be great to have other people that understand the process and struggle!!