January 2019 Babies

Options
VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
Just found out I'm pregnant today! Due around Jan 24, 2019. Anyone else?

Replies

• Kiwiana85
    Kiwiana85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Found out last Tuesday (15th May) that I’m pregnant with my first. I’m due 21st January 2019. How are you feeling so far? I’ve had no symptoms apart from my missed period so it’s almost hard to believe! :smile:
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @Kiwiana85 I don't have many symptoms other than being very thirsty! I had a few things that looking back I'm thinking could have been a mild symptom. My gums bled one day, had an empty but stuffy nose for a bit... these are things that can happen but whether or not they are pregnancy related is unknown. Otherwise... not much. I would say I'm a tad more tired than usual but staying up till midnight and waking up at 6 could be more of a factor haha. I'm not expecting any really obvious symptoms for a bit. I'm hoping I don't get morning sickness this time around again. That was nice haha. I've been going at the spicy food too while I can before the heartburn sets in and tomato soup becomes too spicy!
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just had my 8 week appointment. I'm due January 6th with my second child. I'm struggling trying to figure out how many calories I should eat. I asked the doctor and she said now is not the time to diet to lose weight, just eat healthy and watch your portions. Soooo...self restraint? Yeah, I'm not great at that hence why I love MFP. Do I just change my caloric intake to maintenance?
  • VeryKatie
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I just had my 8 week appointment. I'm due January 6th with my second child. I'm struggling trying to figure out how many calories I should eat. I asked the doctor and she said now is not the time to diet to lose weight, just eat healthy and watch your portions. Soooo...self restraint? Yeah, I'm not great at that hence why I love MFP. Do I just change my caloric intake to maintenance?

Yes, maintenance calories for the first trimester. 300 extra for the second trimester and 500 extra for the third trimester. You can do some trial and error to get your desired weekly weight gain. I found these numbers were a bit off for me. Pretty sure I ate 700 extra in the third trimester and didn't gain as fast as I should have.

Basically you want to try to maintain weight in the first trimester (though you may gain 1 to 4 lb in blood and other tissues, so allow some leeway). Then assuming you are in the "normal" bmi weight range, you want to gain 25 to 35 lbs over the next 2 trimesters. If you are overweight then I believe it is 15 to 25 lbs.

I have a useful link with a lot of info on gaining weight during pregnancy and losing it after. Let me grab it. Go to the first page of course.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

I found that post super super helpful for my first pregnancy. The only thing was that I didn't know what my maintenance calories were so I took some trial and error to find it.
  • gingermary82
    gingermary82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm due 29 Jan 2019, so 4W6D today. First one, so bit in the dark about everything :smiley: Seeing the doctor on Wednesday for a general checkup and to figure out when I should be going to tests, appointments etc. Hoping to do a natural birth
  • gingermary82
    gingermary82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No symptoms yet, except mild level nausea. But that might just be because of stress :D
  • enydime
    enydime Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm due Jan 22nd
  • Lou_trition
    Lou_trition Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Im due the 8th!
  • bananas04
    bananas04 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Due January 5th, one week after my daughter’s 3rd Birthday!
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    @bananas04 congratulations! I'm 35 weeks now and dying to get this second out of me, I hope your second pregnancy goes great.
  • hebaha
    hebaha Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Kiwiana85 wrote: »
    Yes!! Found out last Tuesday (15th May) that I’m pregnant with my first. I’m due 21st January 2019. How are you feeling so far? I’ve had no symptoms apart from my missed period so it’s almost hard to believe! :smile:
    We have the same due date!!

• VeryKatie
    Options
    How' everyone feeling these days? I swear my first trimester tiredness didn't show up till second trimester and now I'm so tired. I'm also struggling to convince myself to track my food and I've been gaining too much weight. If I could nip that in the bud, I'll be ok. But I think I need more sleep, exercise and to find my motivation mindset again.

Does anyone do anything fun for exercise? Would anyone be interested in keeping accountable for exercise together? My main struggle is wanting to give up my free time to exercise. I really only get about an hour a day of free time. So yes I could exercise, but it's also my time with my husband so it's hard to want to. I am thinking I need to start doing zumba in my basement. But the thought of putting on a sports bra (I'm still nursing my first and he keeps chewing on me ugh) and runners is irritating lol.
  • 2lovemyself
    2lovemyself Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    How' everyone feeling these days? I swear my first trimester tiredness didn't show up till second trimester and now I'm so tired. I'm also struggling to convince myself to track my food and I've been gaining too much weight. If I could nip that in the bud, I'll be ok. But I think I need more sleep, exercise and to find my motivation mindset again.

Does anyone do anything fun for exercise? Would anyone be interested in keeping accountable for exercise together? My main struggle is wanting to give up my free time to exercise. I really only get about an hour a day of free time. So yes I could exercise, but it's also my time with my husband so it's hard to want to. I am thinking I need to start doing zumba in my basement. But the thought of putting on a sports bra (I'm still nursing my first and he keeps chewing on me ugh) and runners is irritating lol.

Hello! I am 24 weeks, 4 days with my third little one! I’m due January 20th. I occasionally check this group and compare my weight gain and actually was just in awe of how well so many gals (including you!) are doing so far on slow weight gain. I’ve gained at least 15 pounds already and I don’t know how. I track my calories and exercise 5+ days a week! I try to eat around 2000 calories a day and would just feel guilty if I ate less than that but I was hoping to only gain 20-25 pounds this pregnancy and now that doesn’t seem possible. Any advice? How many calories do you eat?
    Also, I find accountability for exercise very motivating and would definitely be interested in some kind of group or way of keeping each other accountable for exercise if you’re still interested in doing that?
    I hope your exhaustion has been better!! Mine comes in waves depending on what is going on for me at work and if my girls are actually sleeping at night or not. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    I’m currently wide awake at 2:30am and I’m not sure if it’s because my daughter woke up crying or pregnancy insomnia.
    Anyway- I hope you still check this because I’m totally looking for accountability with food and exercise!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @2lovemyself
    I started feeling better after talking with my sister about her pregnancy weight gain. Sometimes even when you track food your body will do its own thing (during 1 pregnancy, our hormones are legit going through more swings than any person who never gets pregnant/men goes through in their whole lives). My sister, for one pregnancy gained evenly. For her next, she gained 0 first trimester, 25 lbs in her 2nd trimester and like 2 in her 3rd trimester. So everything was still fine. I think if you keep on with your 2000 cals a day (or more in the 3rd depending on how you feel) and your exercise, your body will do what it needs to do and you'll be fine. Also I am noticing I'm gaining more with my 2nd pregnancy than I did with my first so maybe allow up to 35 lbs, and to not feel bad about that. It's still a reasonable and healthy amount.

I've been aiming for 2200 calories a day but I was so inconsistent with logging all previous months that I actually don't know how much I was eating. Last pregnancy I ate about 2300 a day at this many weeks but my metabolism was in overdrive that pregnancy. By the third trimester I was eating 2800 a day and only gaining 0.5 lbs a week! I HIGHLY doubt my body will allow that kind of eating again this time. Especially since 2200 is still (or may be) resulting in a faster gain than 2300 was last time.

I'm still really tired, not gonna lie (my little guy has decided sleep is for suckers). My midwives are on board to sign any paperwork to let me use short term sick leave at work so I can maybe get off work in November. I was looking forward to relaxing... now my husband (and I, since I have no self control) are apparently going to be renovating our basement with the hope it'll be done ... so... it might not be as relaxing as I thought. But it should be less stressful and have more naps involved.

And yes totally still interested in the accountability!! I'm supposed to go to Zumba tomorrow. Do you have a preferred way of communicating about accountability? Private message? Facebook?
  • 2lovemyself
    Options
    @VeryKatie That's funny what you said about your sister, because my midwife also told me that I might not gain too much in my 3rd trimester because I've gained quite a bit of weight, quickly in the 2nd trimester. I'm hoping so... With my 2 prior pregnancies, I gained about 8 pounds during the 3rd trimester and gained 30 total.
    2200 sounds like a great goal! I guess it all depends on BMI.. I am 5' 8" and started at 140 and was at 157 a couple days ago. That's with eating between 2000-2200 a day and exercising 5 days a week?! I don't understand how I have gained so much, although logically I know that there is a portion of the gain that's totally out of my control.

I'm sorry you're so tired!! And that's awesome your midwife is supportive of that! And ya renovating your basement with NOT with relaxing at all. LOL! We just finished ours 2 weeks ago, after owning our house for 4 years and it was extremely stressful. We hired out all the work, except the painting and the flooring and just those two things were very overwhelming with us both working full time. It probably won't be too bad for you though, if you don't need to work during that time!
    I honestly just shut my office door and took a 45 minute nap at work on my couch... exhaustion just hit me! Or maybe it was my 1.5 year old being up last night.. ;) Is this your first baby?

What is we just did a private message every week for accountability? Like we could check in every Monday and say how we did at meeting our own personal goals? My current goal is to get some sort of exercise at least 5 days a week and 3 of those days be strength training of some kind. And also my goal is to log my food every day.
    Do you have a fitbit? I do and so I get tons of exercise calories back and usually eat all of them... maybe that's my problem. But when I'm not pregnant, it's always been accurate for me so I'm not sure.
  • 2lovemyself
    Options
    @VeryKatie Or we can do our check ins on Saturday night/Sunday for the week prior? Idk why I suggested Monday!
  • VeryKatie
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @2lovemyself Mondays actually work pretty well for me since I tend to be more consistent with logging into the forums on weekdays on my lunch breaks and such lol.

For reference I am 5'6" and was 129.4 lb when I got pregnant. I started my first pregnancy at 139.6 lbs I believe, so I was about 10 lbs less. So if I gain 10 lbs extra this time I'm not going to worry about it. I'd still cap out at the same top weight, plus it would still be in the healthy gain range.

Yeah... basement... I'm really starting to think this is a terrible time to renovate. My husband and I discussed it this weekend... and I basically put my foot down as much as I could. I told him we either hire out EVERYTHING to one company to coordinate or we don't do it. I'm not going to on "Stress Leave" and then picking up more stress coordinating everything. So if he wants to piece meal it, then he can coordinate it. And he responded the first day we discussed it with "ok I can easily do that from work" to then the next day "I can't be making calls while at work". Well then, buddy, looks like we are either not doing it or we are spending $20,000 extra to have someone else coordinate lol. I know that if we piece meal it, there is no way it won't fall to me to coordinate no matter what agreements are made now. It will eventually turn into the whole "well Katie's the one with the construction and design background, I (Chris) don't know what I'm doing or talking about". Hahah - I know this because that's what happened when we built our house. But I was childless then... and had much more energy.. and wasn't stressed (even with planning a wedding in 7 months, working full time, and maintaining my own apartment at the time - he lived at his parents and worked full time but didn't really do much for wedding planning or house planning).

This is my second baby. My first is 15 months old and hasn't slept well since at least Sept 22 so I feel like I'm on my last legs lol. He has been fighting bedtime plus waking up from 1 to 3 hours 1 to 2 times a night since September. We are all dying in my house lol. I have no idea what's going on. Teething? Scared of the dark? Bad dreams? Too much sugar? Is he picking up on my stress maybe?

I don't have a Fitbit, I personally don't find it motivating, plus I dislike wearing all jewelry type items. I'm up for PMing each other weekly. Maybe we could do it Sunday/Monday?

My goals include logging daily (though I missed this weekend and I blame Canadian Thnaksgiving). And going to Zumba once a week... and I failed at making myself go last week. I'm not looking forward to it... the thing I hate most about exercising is changing my clothes these days. Sports bras suck. And tying my shoes sucks. And can't get my pants off cuz bending sucks lol!!! i.e. I'm feeling 3rd trimester pregnant even though I still have 4 weeks to go till then. I actually warned my husband that the stage of him helping to pull of my jeans is coming sooner than expected this time (to which he responded "well I have NO problem with helping you get those off" haha).
  • 2lovemyself
    Options
    @VeryKatie HAHAHA you crack me up! I laughed out loud in my office... I relate so much to what you are saying. Feeling more like the 3rd trimester already than the 2nd for sure!! Which really scares me how I will feel in 2 months. Yikes!
    That's awesome that you were able to start this pregnancy 10 pounds lighter and feel some wiggle room in your gaining capabilities. I started at 140... (really 143 but I say 140) just like with my other 2 pregnancies and both times felt that 10 of the 30 pounds I gained were totally unnecessary and just fat I had to work hard to get off. I really wanted to spare myself the same... But I weighed myself again this morning (to face the music) and yup it's the same as it was on Sunday, so I'll be adding that on the darn weight gain post. already almost 20 pounds up at 25 weeks and 3 days. What a downer.
    Totally understand about the sleeplessness and the darn little ones going through some kind of sleep issue. For me, it's been that my 18 month old has been really fighting going to sleep so we are kinda letting her cry it out a bit until I can't stand it anymore. And then it's just the need to pee and the belly discomforts waking me up all night.

And I cracked up reading about you and your hubby discussing the basement... Sounds EXACTLY like my husband except my husband also will leave everything started and not finished, which drives me NUTS. So we waited on our basement remodel until we could afford to contract the whole thing out... Well I THOUGHT we were contracting the whole thing out, until all of a sudden I was working all day and painting all night. HAHA it's much funnier now that it's over, because I was getting extremely run down. And yes I ended up having many calls from the carpenter, plumbers, electricians, "Oh well your husband said to ask you." Oh reaaaaally!? :) You know the drill!
    Okay, lets try to check in again next week Sunday or Monday!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @2lovemyself I'm glad I could make you laugh haha
    Ugh unfinished projects are the worst. I think we are motivated to finish the reno... but I am not at all motivated to finish... cleaning... the dishes... folding laundry... etc....

Well, as we gain we are supposed to pack on fat! It's for breastfeeding (do you do that?), so you gain it... even if you bottle feed lol. More to work off. At least it will be winter and the little bit of kush should keep us a little warm (omg the postpartum shivers...)

Yeah we are trying to CIO sometimes too but... he just cries for an hour. It's not working this time. Last night we waited the hour... and then resorted to a snack, advil, books, rocking, diaper changes... I'm seriously struggling... I'm getting an average of 5 hours a night probably. But I think I need 11....

I really wanna contract out the whole basement. We got our first quote back and it's $13,000 MORE than our max budget, which I originally thought would be $10,000 more than we would have to pay. So for $23,000... I think... it will come back to piece mealing. And we think organizing it ourselves could save at least $10,000 from what we thought contracting it would be... so really $33,000... :( so much money. And I am planning on staying home after this baby comes so... I want to start acting like we don't have 2 incomes.
  • 2lovemyself
    Options
    @VeryKatie yes I do breastfeed! Or did. My first until 13 months and my 2nd until 15 and probably something similar for this little one. (Our first boy!)
    And ya I know logically there’s supposedly some point to the fat but I’m not loving the love handles! Lol! I’m kinda the “too hard on my self” type and trying to work on that, since I am officially in my 30’s this year. I want to demonstrate to my daughters a mother that’s more self accepting of her fat. Hee heee

And I totally understand and relate about the sleep stuff... I read about sleep regressions that happen at different ages which usually makes me feel a little better but no less tired. You definitely need sleep little mama!!

And how wonderful that you’re going to be able to stay home after this baby!! I’m totally envious. I take 12 weeks off (mostly unpaid) and then am back to full time work. Ugh!