Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,711 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,711 Member
    Options
    Finally feeling better, after tapping fluid off my knee for testing, Ortho guy started me on a medrol pak yesterday afternoon. Amazing how quickly the relief came.

Hope Mike and his CPAP are getting along.

How is Connie, Steve?

Be OP ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,153 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Lee, I am glad to hear that you are starting to find help with your suffering. I still pray that they discover the true cause of your distress, so that you can have full and complete recovery!

Thank you for asking about Connie. She is doing much better now. I am thankful that although we get these waves of grief/depression/anxiety, they are waves that come in peaks and valleys. We don't stay in the valley forever, but come up for air from time to time. She is past the worst of this most recent bout.

For the most part, I am doing OK. When I find a valley, it is generally not so deep, and I am not there for long periods of time. I start seeing a new counselor today. Mostly just for maintenance. You guys are really as close as anyone that I have to really talk to about challenges that are going on. Having a counselor on standby will be a help, much like in the way of having a trusted plumber on speed dial, just in case they are needed.

I too hope that Mike is having a great time, getting sleep, and not having problems with his CPAP.

I hope that Bill is having a great time on his trip too.

Have a great day!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,974 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

What Steve said, Lee.

Packing up for a hike in Mt. Rainier Nat.Park, today. This will be my first time up there this year. Supposed to be a beautiful day: 80 and sunny. On the other hand, reports are that this is a great year for mountain mosquitoes. I have my DEET ready to go.
  • myallforjc
    myallforjc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! First I notice yesterday's post was missing, which seems to happen every so often. Then I discover I am no longer part of the group and had to join anew. Thankfully, I can't take a hint.

Lee, glad to hear your knee is less troublesome. Hopefully, they will get to the root cause soon now.

Steve, glad things are improving.

We got home from our brief vacation. My back is sore but held up with all the car time and activity. I am optimistic I will be able to handle the flight to Wisconsin in a couple months to visit my mother. I look forward to using my trekking poles a bit more now that I was able to handle 3+ miles hiking in the Mariposa Redwood Grove which is on a slope. Knee did great after a bad day doing very little without the poles.

Off to see the Neurosurgeon for another review and to make sure the weight is coming off. I lost weight while on vacation and have a nice 4-week trend going and am down even more since I saw him 3 mos ago.