Sugar

Options
Today I weighed in at 170lbs, which sucks big time and is so frustrating because for the most part I believe I eat pretty healthy and I am no sloth. I may not be the most active person but outside of work I try to be as active as possible. The problem is the constant fatigue and pain causes me to rely way too much on sugar and caffeine to make it through the day. I find when my energy is really low, I typically reach for something sweet as a pick me up. I am trying very hard to change but its hard when I never get any sleep. I would love suggestions if anyone out there has them!

Replies

• valentine9498
    valentine9498 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Sugar!
    My name is valentine9498.
    I am from Clearwater , Fl.
    Where do you live?
    I was thinking..
    If you live by me maybe we can get together and go for a walk or something.
    I know ..
    I am in the same boat don't have much energy when I get home from work. Plus I am a caregiver too.
    I am looking forward to chatting with you.
    - valentine9498
  • beep3rocks
    beep3rocks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a wakeup call a bit ago. 314 lbs at 5'10" plus Fibromyalgia, Degenerative Disc Disease, Depression, and Anxiety. Something needs to change and that something is my lack of structured time. I don't work at the moment, so I have to structure my time myself, but I am trying. My goal this week is just to wake up at 7 AM one day this week, since so far I haven't been able to meet that with my meds schedule.
  • yavaughn462017
    yavaughn462017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Since my last post I have further been diagnosed with connective tissue disease and its starting to really get me down. The most frustrating thing is that outwardly you cannot tell there is anything wrong with me, except my hair is falling out a bit, I get frequent skin rashes, but for the most part I look okay even though I am usually not. The range of pain and fatigue is never ending and now I have brain fog to add on top of the weight gain.

I am very much trying to learn how to manage my symptoms and keep my stress levels down. The plan is to use myfitnesspal to learn how to be healthier. Valentine I live in Texas but thank you for the invite. I could use someone to push me to be active. Beep3, I do understand how difficult it is because once I get home from work it's rare for me to go back out again even though I spend a great deal of time planning to go to the gym, go walking or finding something else to do besides sit on the sofa. I have just recently started two different meds and I feel like they contribute to both the weight gain and inactivity.

Such is life ...I am going to keep trying , taking one day at a time. Thanks for responding guys
  • CindyA2268
    CindyA2268 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Am the heaviest I have ever been and in more pain than I'd like. I get botox for migraines and my sinus pain is pretty much going to be the end of me. Looking for other Fibro family to help me get back on my feet.
  • beep3rocks
    beep3rocks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, my husband recently got diagnosed with gout and his father is diabetic. We also both have sleep apnea and so quality of sleep is not good. I'm going to wake him up soon so we can go for a walk this morning!

Also, I have been looking for dogsitting/dog walking gigs on Rover.com and got paid to walk some wonderful pups last week!
  • cloudmuncher16
    cloudmuncher16 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can relate on the relying on sugar to make it through the day due to the chronic fatigue from FMS. Any one found any solutions?
    I personally find smoothies quite good at the moment to give me energy but I am unsure yet it is placebo effect or not.