Apple Watch and Sleep Tracking

Options
melmel4556
melmel4556 Posts: 1 Member
Hello, I would really like to use my Apple Watch and MFP to track my sleep. Has anyone found an App or way to do this? Thank you!

Replies

• mopedgirl007
    mopedgirl007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Autosleep is the best app I’ve tried!
  • Naruya
    Naruya Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've also used autosleep and it's nice. The Apple Watch however isn't made to track sleeping. Not that it can't, but just that the battery life is horrible and it's too much of a hassle to charge it at the right time if I can't charge it at night. Might be better with newer models, but I still have the first one and it won't last a full day anymore, so tracking sleep is out of the question unless I charge it several times a day :neutral:
  • BelleRequin
    BelleRequin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love auto sleep. I have a series 2, and find it only takes about 40 min to completely charge, so I usually either charge it before I go to sleep, or if I'm relaxing on the couch after work for a bit.
  • joejones64
    joejones64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have used Pillow and was pleased with it, but I found a new app that I like better. It can be added to the Apple Watch apps menu so you can start it there, but it relies on your iPhone to track your sleep. It's called Sleep Cycle.

It uses the iPhone mic to track your sleep by sound and when you set the alarm in it, it wakes you at just the right point in your natural sleep cycle so that you wake easier and never feel like you were hit by a truck when you wake. I love it!

I actually used both it and Pillow for a few weeks because I didn't believe it could track my sleep without motion input. But I was surprised to see that each night the comparison of the sleep cycles from each app matched almost perfectly. And I guess the real proof is that when I use it to wake, I feel better at wake up and all day long.

An added plus is that now I can charge my Watch while I sleep because I don't need it to track my sleep anymore.
  • AndrewLantz2015
    AndrewLantz2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use SleepWatch. Awesome app.
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I use Sleepmatic and it works great
  • MileHigh4Wheeler
    MileHigh4Wheeler Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Autosleep is my choice as well. In fact I bought a 2nd Apple Watch just so I have one on 24/7 and can track sleep without worrying about the battery.
  • CRod210
    CRod210 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Autosleep
  • iJackieR711
    iJackieR711 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m still using my Fitbit to track my sleep and sync to Apple Health.