Hello New Here - Sleeve 2014

Starling59
Starling59 Posts: 1 Member
Hi great to find this group and is active!

I had my vertical gastric sleeve in 2014. I lost 105lbs. But over time, especially this past year, I stopped tracking my food intake. Well, I gained 60 lbs. back.

I was able to visit the Internist at our Bariatric clinic as well as the Dietician. I am now on Contrave (second month), tracking here on myfitnesspal and on a lower calorie diet 1,200-1,500 calories. 95gm/daily protein (gosh this is the hard part!).

I am feeling satisfied and back to eating approximately a cup of food and have lost18 lbs in two months. I have regular appointments with the Internist and the Dietician. I was thankful I was allowed to re-enter the program as they usually discharge patients from the program after one year after surgery as long as you are doing well on your on. They do tell patients to come back if we start re-gaining.

I am happy to be in a group that we all share that surgery experience and learning how to eat after surgery. Feel free to ask me for a friend request. I like the support.

Replies

• Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Hi! I was sleeved in March 2014. I'm currently up almost 20lbs from my lowest, since January. I actually did Contrave last year, when i had first started gaining, and it definitely helped. But I had to go back to my Dr every month to be checked before he would prescribe another month. I did it for 2 months just to jump start me back on track.. Now I am back to basics, hoping it resets my body and I stop being so lax with my eating. If i can't do it, i'll go back to contrave again for a month to get a jump start.