Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Nice! You make it look effortless
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    It's a lot of fun. This is actually the first time I've ever recorded myself doing it, and I was so relieved to find out I don't look ridiculous LOL.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I like the hook kick break, a very underutilized kick
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    My favorite kick currently, mostly because I just recently started being able to do them. The way my instructors teach them doesn't make sense to me, but I was determined to learn. Once I realize it was "just a hook kick" but turning first, it got a lot easier!

I am yet to land one during sparring though.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Impressive spinning hook kick! The spinning hook kick is currently my nemesis...but I am determined to land it.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Nice, @Geocitiesuser !

@Bianca42 is it performing the kick itself, or getting the kick to land where you want it?
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Nice, @Geocitiesuser !

@Bianca42 is it performing the kick itself, or getting the kick to land where you want it?

Mostly performing the kick itself and making all the way around without losing my balance.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Bianca42 wrote: »
    Nice, @Geocitiesuser !

Mostly performing the kick itself and making all the way around without losing my balance.
    Have you tried doing a roundhouse/turning kick on target first? A lot of people find that the extra momentum you build up doing it that way carries them round for long enough to land the kick before they fall over. For them, doing that a few times just develops the muscle memory, and then they become able to do it without doing the roundhouse first.

It's the kind of thing that fascinates me about teaching, actually. You get people who have to master performing a single spinning hook kick in order to be able to combine it with another kick, and you get people who learn to do it in combination with a roundhouse really quickly, before they can ever do one on its own.

• Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    love this!