Say hi

Options
fivestarlight
fivestarlight Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2018 in Social Groups
Hi!
My name is Chloe.
I’ve been vegan for 2 years and 2 months. Problem is, I still haven’t found my perfect food/fitness balance.
I’m hoping to meet some cool new herbi friends and gain some knowledge about how I can get the best out of the vegan lifestyle and my body.
So please fellow vegans! Impart you wisdom and enlighten me!

Replies

• anucalanciu
    anucalanciu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello !
    I'm Ana and i've been vegan for 5 months now . But there is so much vegan junk food out there that it's difficult to lose weight ! I need to lose 33 kg or 72 lbs and it's a lot , but I know I can do it ! And you can to ;) !
  • winter_willows
    winter_willows Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I'm Muted {not my real name I know but I prefer it, hehe} and I've been a vegan for almost a decade. I love it when people say vegans can't gain weight because hi, vegan who needs to lose some right here! Haha. I love being a vegan and am excited to meet some vegan mfpers :)
  • redheadrocker22
    redheadrocker22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Hayley been vegan since January need some motivation to eat healthy and be nice to meet link minded people hello
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm Jess and I've been exploring veganism for the past 6 months, and am transitionaly from a vegan (flex vegetarian when eating out and there are no options) to being on a WFPB diet.

Vegan processed foods can contain a lot of sugar, salt, oils etc. and mean you miss out on the great nutrients and fibre in plant foods! I'd recommend you check out more about the wfpb diet and health benefits :smile: I was very strict with being WFPB leading up to my wedding last month, and in the 1-2 months lost about 4kg without trying too much!
  • indochine2018
    indochine2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Federica. I've been vegetarian for 20 years and I eat vegan most of the time. I still eat dairy and eggs when I travel and I can't find other options, but I'd like to change that. I'm happy to have joined this community!
  • perrycatherine
    perrycatherine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Kitty. I've been vegan since February. I went kinda lax on calorie counting because I was under the misconception that since I ate more veggies the weight would just fall off with intuitive eating. Well I didn't gain weight but I didn't lose any either. So I'm jumping back on the wagon and joining a group this time!

Let's have fun!
  • Mtscruffy64
    Mtscruffy64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Robin. I'm a new vegan - just under 2 months. I'm trying to lose 10 lbs and want to ensure I'm getting enough protein in my diet. looking forward to getting tips and sharing info with everyone!
  • VeggieLenn
    VeggieLenn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Heloo y'all. I'm Manu. I'm an old vegan lol (joke), i've been vegan for 3 years now, and vegetarien for 5.
    I have to lose 20 pounds to get back my normal body. And I would like to begin gaining weight too.
    I'm happy to see other VEG here !!!
    Love to all of you !
  • brittcarmona
    brittcarmona Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Brittney. I've been vegan since January, was vegetarian since last July. I'm trying to loose all the weight I regain a few years back. Didn't realize how easy it was to be a junk food vegan lol.
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I've been plant-based / vegan since August 2017.

Originally from Vancouver, Canada and now living in Dublin, Ireland.

I've had some slip-ups as I have Crohn's Disease, and for some days I couldn't physically digest some products. This means that on a whim (or in hospital), I had to eat bread or products containing egg white powder, etc.

I've noticed amazing improvements to my overall well-being, and this reflects in my blood test results. Doctors say they haven't seen such a drastic improvement in any medical journals, but they notice it personally in their patients.

I used to weigh 265lbs at 5'9" back when I was Omni, and I have been reducing my meat / garbage consumption slowly since 2006 (yes, integrating it into my lifestyle + Crohn's chaos). I've lost and maintained almost 100lbs off that total!

Sorry for the ramble. Nice to meet ya!

Cheers!