Hellos & Introductions!

Options
ShannonBEarley
ShannonBEarley Posts: 94 Member
edited August 2018 in Social Groups
Hi! I'm Shannon, just rejoining MFP after a couple of years away. It's hard to see I am right back where I started.

I am a full time working mother of 2 with 70 lbs. to lose, and that is serious. I am getting worried about my health, physically and mentally, and it is time to change. I am open to anything - exercise plans, diet plans, anything. I just need to take some action and stick to it. I hope you all can help me to do that!

Replies

• tammythaxton
    tammythaxton Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a 52 yr old one year breast cancer survivor who gained 40 lbs on chemo. Tamoxifen wreaked havoc on my joints so I could barely work let alone exercise. Been working on my diet and have lost 18 lbs since January. Finally told my oncologist I was done with tamoxifen and am slowly regaining my mobility........I do a lot of stretching and toning plus a lot of walking at work.......recently joined a gym and have been doing the elliptical. My goals are simple: I want to regain my health (I'm cancer free), lose another 40 lbs and be able to keep up with my 22 yr old when we go to Disneyworld in November..........concentrating on flexibility and endurance at present........also I'm the youngest of five first cousins with four of them being diabetics.......I'm determined not to be Diabetic #5.........plus, getting the weight off should help my joints. It's such a vicious cycle.......you need to move to get weight off but the weight keeps you from moving. Would love motivation and am REALLY good at alternately being supportive and/or supplying a kick in the butt when needed.
  • cindy2021
    cindy2021 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Shannon, just rejoining MFP after a couple of years away. It's hard to see I am right back where I started.

I am a full time working mother of 2 with 70 lbs. to lose, and that is serious. I am getting worried about my health, physically and mentally, and it is time to change. I am open to anything - exercise plans, diet plans, anything. I just need to take some action and stick to it. I hope you all can help me to do that!

Hi. Just started keto diet a few days ago. I need to lose 50lb. Hope we can help each other out. Will keep you posted to see if it actually works.
  • kdv12
    kdv12 Posts: 1,697 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Karen. I have 70 more pounds to loss. My big problem is late night eating and exercising. I lost 22 pound recently on the 17 day diet which was amazing to me that I could cut down on my snacking at work. (still have the late night problem) I wonder how I could have done if I would exercise and quit eating obsessively before bed.

I work full-time. Have 4 children college age and over. 2 are married but one recently moved back home with her husband an 17 month son (fun). The other 2 are in college but live home.

• EvilOverlordsMom
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jess. I am a binge eater. I eat whenever I feel stressed/emotional. I have a history of throwing myself into my work and avoiding confrontation at home to avoid said stressed/emotional feelings.(I see a counselor now to help me with the eating disorder/communication issues).

As a result, I now need to lose 230 lbs.

I'm married and have a teenage daughter.
    My family decided they wanted to take this journey with me. So, as a family, we are trying to adopt Keto as a lifestyle. We are also doing a Couch to 5k program three times a week.

I have a full-time job, and was asked to take a teaching position at the University I just graduated from earlier this year.

My first weight goal, will be to get under 350lbs, as I have not seen that weight in almost 5 years, after that, each goal weight will drop by 50lbs. Because, looking at how much I need to lose in MFP , it seems unattainable.