I am looking for supportive friends!

Options
AncaM84
AncaM84 Posts: 15 Member
Hi guys and girls! My name is Anca and I come from Belgium. I am looking for nice people that had a bypass surgery around the 30th of April, in order to share experiences, give and receive advice and of course, help eachother. If you feel like you would like/want/need some "parter" through your journey, please add me so we can try and work it out together (no matter where you are from - I speak English and Romanian). I am almost 3 months post-op (the date mentioned before is my surgery date) and I lost 37kg (80 something lbs) but I still need to lose other 26kg (50 something lbs) and yes, I would love some mutual support, help, friendship (other than just my husband's who is not a bariatric patient but he is doing his best with providing support). Thank you so much and I can hardly wait to talk to you! Have a good day! :)

Replies

• AmandaMarie2185
    AmandaMarie2185 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    June 5th was my date
  • KarenHoneyCousins
    KarenHoneyCousins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello there. I'm about to have a mini gastric bypass on 5th August and know I will need help with recipes and ideas so have joined this group.
  • AncaM84
    AncaM84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello there. I'm about to have a mini gastric bypass on 5th August and know I will need help with recipes and ideas so have joined this group.

Best of luck, my dear! I hope you will find some good ideas around here! Fingers crossed and good luck with the preop diet! :)
  • Northern37
    Northern37 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My surgery was May 29th of this year
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I am in my first month of pre-op. The whole program is four months. I'm doing very well at logging food, but not so well at trying to remember not to drink immediately after meals. I have my visit with a psychiatrist to see if I'm suited for this next week.

I'm 75, and now weigh 252.2#s on a 5'4-3/4" frame. I want to be able to walk more than 100' without gasping for breath, even with an inhaler.
  • AmyLeeSexton
    AmyLeeSexton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Had my surgery April 12, 2018. Here for you for anything. I too started over 300. Down 122 as of today and originally had about 21 lbs to go but decided to change my goal weight so now I have about 31 lbs to go!!!!