Time of day for dosage

Options
justjoy3
justjoy3 Posts: 3 Member
What has been the best time of day for you to take your dosage? Just started this, and would like to hear some stories.

Replies

• ChrissyB4848
    ChrissyB4848 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used to have my dose around noon. It ended up being too busy at that time of day, now I take it around 630-700pm.
  • justjoy3
    justjoy3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to have my dose around noon. It ended up being too busy at that time of day, now I take it around 630-700pm.

Thank you, I'm going to try and take at night before bed, see if the nausea subsides a little.
  • ChrissyB4848
    Options
    You're welcome. I've heard that does help. I didn't have much nausea after the first week. I also found, that if I ate I felt better. If it helps, I've been on this since February 4th and I have officially lost 26.2lbs and I am now 199.5lbs. My highest weight was 268 when I was pregnant with my second son. Throughout my struggles, taking saxenda is the best thing I've done!
  • KC5115
    KC5115 Posts: 70 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I did my first dose today with my doctor around 11 am but my thought process is take it when I get home from work because that's normally when I am the most hungry and that's when it will hit the strongest.

What do yall think?
  • ChrissyB4848
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think that whatever time you can remember to take it is the best time. ;-) Night time seems really well for most.
  • mcspeight
    mcspeight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I take mine at night...4 weeks or so now at 3mg and I don't have any side effects...the odd bought of nausea but nothing too serious.
  • KC5115
    KC5115 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten nausea except when I tried to eat too much one time.

Knock on wood it stays that way as I move up in dosage.
  • de7inhim
    de7inhim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    9pm nightly.
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    The Saxenda makers here in Canada suggested taking it in the morning. If you take it then it works when your body is dealing with your food intake. Otherwise it's out of your system by the time lunch arrives (half life is something like 13-14ish hours).

Then again, you have to be able to take it, period, so do what you must.
  • ainsleyjac
    ainsleyjac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there wondering about coverage for the drug in Canada
    Do drug plans like gwl cover usually? My drug plan pays at 80% which I could afford assuming it’s like 1200 a month
  • sybrina51
    sybrina51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take my shot in early morning. Dr suggested same time everyday if possible. I’ve been on it since June 2, 2017 and have gone from 245 to 201! Nauseous and tired a lot in the beginning. I asked for B12 injections 1x month to help and I take peptobismo tablets in morning. This is the only thing that has worked continuously. I took about a 10 day break in December and felt like it jumpstarted the weight loss again. I did gain a few pounds back but they came off when I started on injections.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I like to take mine around 11a or noon. I have problems with eating after dinner and uf i take it a little later it seems to help with that.
  • mcspeight
    mcspeight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ainsleyjac wrote: »
    Hi there wondering about coverage for the drug in Canada
    Do drug plans like gwl cover usually? My drug plan pays at 80% which I could afford assuming it’s like 1200 a month

Did you find out about coverage?
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Is this group still active? I'm just starting saxenda next week.
  • debsfran
    debsfran Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was doing mine between 8-9pm on my 1st pen but noticed I started to feel peckish in the evening so I've switched to 8-9am and so far so good. I have read that it takes about 11hrs for it to kick in
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have been taking mine around lunchtime whatever time that is for me... I work from home so it's convenient to do it then.. However I wonder if I should try doing it at night.. that's when I tend to eat / snack from boredom... I have been on Saxenda for 4 months now and am at the full dose (3mg).