Mini Goal Challenge - Week of August 13th to 19th

Options

In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.

2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.

3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options

**Goals week of 8/13/18:**

1) WW blue dot day* – 0/5

2) Get in the before midnight or 6 hours of sleep – 0/4

3) 7000 steps -0/4

887823.png
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Tuesday: Tempo run - 2 miles (~11 laps) 20 minutes. Well, that took me 26 minutes. *sigh* But definitely an improvement from ~30!
    Wednesday: Distance run - 4 miles (~21 laps) 60 minutes.
    Thursday: Tempo run - 2 miles, 20 minutes.
    Friday: 3 miles (~16 laps) 35 minutes.
    Saturday: Rest day
    Sunday: Distance run - 5 miles (~26 laps) however long it takes!

I'll be wearing different shoes tomorrow so I'm going to allow myself to quit early if my feet start giving me trouble. Also, I think I may try to go to the park on Sunday for my long run.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Good goals @clicketykeys

2) Get in the before midnight or 6 hours of sleep – 1/4

3) 7000 steps -0/4

887823.png

• clicketykeys
    Options
    Thanks. Only managed 3 miles today, not 4, but some of that was the new shoes. May try for 4 on Friday. We'll see...
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Camping without the family is one of the ways that I have found to take a breath and declutter my mind. It allows me to to be still, appreciate simplicity and hear God. After 3 peaceful days away, my goal for the rest of this week, is to continue that mindset of simplicity at home. <3

Goals:
    1. No electronics after 10pm
    2. More reading
    3. Strength training
    4. More outside time
    5. More simplicity
    6. More planned meals and whole foods
    7. More sleep/rest

...and to recover from the 2.5 pounds I gained over my 3-day camping trip. :o
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Really struggling. Weight has pendulumed up again. I made myself go to strength class but it was something of a chore. Just feeling like it's not worth the effort.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited August 2018
    Options

@clicketykeys - Remember anything worth having is always hard to do or maintain. Just hang in there and never give up Sweetie. You can do it! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

2) Get in the before midnight or 6 hours of sleep – 1/4

3) 7000 steps -1/4

887823.png
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    Really struggling. Weight has pendulumed up again. I made myself go to strength class but it was something of a chore. Just feeling like it's not worth the effort.

Repeat after me, "It is worth the effort. It is worth the effort..." and keep repeating until you feel better. When I go through these times, I generally end back up at a place where my body/mind reminds me why I was doing this in the first place. Sometimes I have to just change up how I'm doing it. If strength class isn't doing it for you right now, what could you do differently for a while. (Sleep, de-stress, gardening, at home weights...)

Deep breath.
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    Camping without the family is one of the ways that I have found to take a breath and declutter my mind. It allows me to to be still, appreciate simplicity and hear God. After 3 peaceful days away, my goal for the rest of this week, is to continue that mindset of simplicity at home. <3

Goals:
    2. More reading
    3. Strength training
    4. More outside time
    5. More simplicity
    7. More sleep/rest

Well, my first day back home didn't go as planned, but was actually better than planned.
    Did some needed cleaning in the master bath & bedroom, followed by more normal foods than I was eating while away and then decided to move all of the boxes/containers that we have been storing at an off-site storage place back home. Now that our eldest son moved a month or so ago, I have room at home to go through everything here.

Electronics were off before 10pm and I slept the best last night that I've slept in months. I actually kept to my goals pretty well yesterday and was happy to see, this morning, that the camping trip weight is already subsiding.

Yippee for the difference a day can make and the feeling of actually sleeping well for an entire night.
    Now, to just keep this up beyond the one-day mark.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited August 2018
    Options

Goals:
    2. More reading
    3. Strength training
    4. More outside time
    5. More simplicity
    7. More sleep/rest

Good goals and welcome back!! 2.5 pounds is not bad at all. Keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well still going up on weight. So today before I left I decided I have to do something so I pre-logged my day. So far so good. The late night eating is killing me and on weekends I eat at nursing home with my day so I am going to develop a plan for that too. In past eating fruits have worked out fine so I am going to go back to that. IF I must eat something eat some fruit.

2) Get in the before midnight or 6 hours of sleep – 2/4

3) 7000 steps -2/4

887823.png

• clicketykeys
    Options
    Thanks guys! @GardenMama129 - "it" not being worth the effort wasn't just strength class, but exercise and calorie-consciousness in general.

I did my distance run today! 4 miles in 57 minutes. Pretty pleased with that. I did my "easy" run on Wednesday, but it wasn't. I got my laps in but I think it took me like 45 minutes. It was just hard. Oh! That was the first day I wore my new shoes to run. I'd worn them to Zumba before but it's not quite the same.

No exercise classes this evening, and tomorrow is a full day at the park, so that's my "rest" day. I'm going to try for a long run Sunday morning. I hope it doesn't heat up very quickly.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Yesterday was awesome on the pre-logging. Today I pre-logged too and I knew I would be over but logged it anyways. That is my new focus right now to log it NO MATTER WHAT. This will help me own it and get back FOCUSED. Before even when I was going over I was able to stay on track and lose even if a little bit and not as much as I would like. But I am still focusing on blue days but not as much as logging every morsel that enters my mouth.

Have a great weekend!! B)B)

1) WW blue dot day* – 1/5

2) Get in the before midnight or 6 hours of sleep – 3/4

3) 7000 steps -2/4

887823.png

• clicketykeys
    Options
    I did my long run yesterday! FIVE MILES. I don't think I've ever run that much before!

Trying to focus on that instead of the scale. *sigh*
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I did my long run yesterday! FIVE MILES. I don't think I've ever run that much before!

Trying to focus on that instead of the scale. *sigh*
    Excellent!! Congrats!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well last week was the best week I have had in a while. Could have been better but I was definitely more mindful of every morsel in mouth, logging it all, etc. and finishing up here.

1) WW blue dot day* – 2/5

2) Get in the before midnight or 6 hours of sleep – 3/4

3) 7000 steps -2/4

887823.png