Week 1 8/13-8/19

Options
RebeccaRNBSN
RebeccaRNBSN Posts: 75 Member
Tell us how you are doing. Are you on goal for your weight loss? Give up updates here!

Replies

• rehenderson412
    rehenderson412 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am going to log my weight every Friday morning..I have monthly body scans at my local gym which tells me how much I currently weigh, body fat percentage, how many inches I am around waist, and alot of other great things. My next scan is this week so I will keep you guys updated.

My weight is at 161lbs hopefully by the end of this week I can be a solid 160lbs. **Crosses fingers**
  • rainykatie
    rainykatie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello, I weighed in this morning and unfortunately I feel my weight is artificially inflated at the moment since I am expecting aunt flo today. When I signed up for the challenge, I was at 190, so I put that as my "initial weight". For week 1 I had to log the 192.4. I suppose (hopefully) that this will help me show a decrease for Week 2.

I have been struggling over the last few weeks, I've been good at logging everything and my exercise has picked up, but I have fallen victim most evenings to mindless snacking or overindulging in treats or alcohol. I am excited that this challenge has began so I can use it to help motivate me to get back on track. I had been doing so well, after a few years of really struggling to lose weight I managed to get some momentum going this spring, and I've lost 18 pounds since May. I want to keep it up and get to my goal!

My goals for this week include getting 5 days of exercise, and staying in my calorie budget (1520/day) EVERY DAY. This last one will be hard, but I can do it.
  • katanlinhouse
    katanlinhouse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Weighing in at 220.6 today. Doing great at staying at/below calories of 1500 as well as staying on task with contemplating exercising!
  • nafroese
    nafroese Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at 192 something yesterday. I also feel this number is inflated. I am retaining fluids badly but whatevs! Food choices were good yesterday and I logged almost 14000 steps. Today should be the same and my food choices are ok set up and prepped! It’s gonna be a good week and I am going to see some gains!
  • rehenderson412
    rehenderson412 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning! Today is Friday and I am down 2.2lbs (hopefully this will stay the same and its not just water weight :# ). Monday I was 161.2lbs and now I am 159.0lbs This week I have been keeping my carb intake super low, eating lots of veggies, and drinking lots of water. My workouts have been the same with 30 mins of cardio 3-5 times a week and with ab, leg, or arm work following. Although yesterday was different as far as workouts goes I did a 40-45 min spin/cycle class that had me sweating like crazyyy and afterwards me and a friend of mine did some legs with weights included. Contemplating on going to the gym tonight and Saturday morning.

64ud3mxfq5dz.jpg

• rainykatie
    rainykatie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today is Friday and so I had another crack at weighing in since my Monday weight was so inflated. My weight did come down to 191 (from 192.6 on Monday), but I'm still disappointed because when I signed up for this challenge I was at 190.

Sometimes weight loss feels like two steps forward, one step back.

I haven't had the best week, I started out strong but then had an unexpected friend drop in from out of town which prompted a couple nights of unplanned mild wine drinking. Then Aunt flo arrived and I was unable to resist eating chocolate a couple of the days. I still got in a few days of exercise, but less than I had hoped.

Now we are going away this weekend, and I'm already feeling like it's going to be a challenge to keep on track in a different environment. But I really want to be successful this challenge! Wish I felt more confident about my ability to make healthy choices.