August 2018 Monthly WL Challange

Options
13»

Replies

• mrs_c_getsfit
    mrs_c_getsfit Posts: 28 Member
    Options

[/quote]
    YOU'LL DO BETTER NEXT TIME - PS - it's only 08/22 LOL give yourself the other day to recover

[/quote]

Hahahahaha! That should tell you how my week has gone. 🤪
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Mrs. C....you've got this!! You can look back on all my whoops weeks...last week being one and this week I fully intend on gaining a pound at least. It is my wedding reception (20 yrs and 3 months after the wedding). We renewed our vows in April, but since we had a skype wedding (back when it wasn't skype it was the STLab) my mom has NEEDED to do SOMETHING. Not everyone could get together until this weekend though, so we are having a HUGE cookout at the lakehouse. At least there will be swimming and water skiing so it might mitigate SOME of those calories I plan on eating.
  • mram3582
    Options
    Dana is smashing it!! Love the outfit too! Ms. Kitty needs to come back and join the fun too!
  • Daynacrd
    Daynacrd Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    Mrs. C....you've got this!! You can look back on all my whoops weeks...last week being one and this week I fully intend on gaining a pound at least. It is my wedding reception (20 yrs and 3 months after the wedding). We renewed our vows in April, but since we had a skype wedding (back when it wasn't skype it was the STLab) my mom has NEEDED to do SOMETHING. Not everyone could get together until this weekend though, so we are having a HUGE cookout at the lakehouse. At least there will be swimming and water skiing so it might mitigate SOME of those calories I plan on eating.

ok hold on....20 years ago there was "STLab"??? Congrats on renewing your vows.
  • Daynacrd
    Options
    Name: Dana
    My Numbers:
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 257 (heaviest weight)
    SW: 241 (surgery weight - VSG 01/11/16)
    CW: 203 (darn vaca weight gain) 08/01
    GW: 195 (fingers crossed)
    LTGW: 165

Weigh ins: Fridays
    08/03/18 = 201.5 (-1.5)
    08/10/18 = 198.5 (-3.0)
    08/17/18 = 197.0 (-1.5) *stuck :neutral:
    08/24/18 = 194.0 (-3.0) *been stuck here since 08/22
    08/31/18 =

Total WL/G for the month:
    Hubby keeps telling to to stop beating myself up when I stall for a few days. I guess I've grown accustomed to the scale going down daily :blush:
    s5pw9rcfnnxz.jpg
  • mram3582
    Options
    Hubby keeps telling to to stop beating myself up when I stall for a few days. <<This<< Dana, you're doing an awesome job--2lbs a week consistently. I've never had the scale go down every single day...sometimes I just need to take a poo :D And yeah, the first time I saw a STLab (satellite telecommunications lab) was in 1996. In schools and government facilities the called it the DLL (distance learning lab). The picture was iffy and there was about a 2 min. delay, and this really annoying beeping every 30 seconds or so. We had one because Joel started out in Satellite communications repair.
  • Daynacrd
    Options
    Hubby keeps telling to to stop beating myself up when I stall for a few days. <<This<< Dana, you're doing an awesome job--2lbs a week consistently. I've never had the scale go down every single day...sometimes I just need to take a poo :D And yeah, the first time I saw a STLab (satellite telecommunications lab) was in 1996. In schools and government facilities the called it the DLL (distance learning lab). The picture was iffy and there was about a 2 min. delay, and this really annoying beeping every 30 seconds or so. We had one because Joel started out in Satellite communications repair.

That's so awesome - and that's how you tied the knot? Did you take stills? Was that even possible back then? I ALWAYS have to POO - just hardly do LOL TMI Sorry Not Sorry
  • mram3582
    Options
    I actually do not have a single wedding day photo :( Joel's parents had just moved to West Virginia and we were here in GA while Joel was working on sat com's robotics. Joel's dad is a preacher and he still had his GA license, so we mailed the marriage license to him, he performed the ceremony via STLab, signed the license and mailed it back. Totally legit, right? As long as the IRS says we are married...we are married. We tied the knot in jeans and t-shirts and had sandwiches that night. I later lost my wedding ring saving him from drowning in a kayaking accident, so for our 20th anniversary he made me a ring from a Showbiz Pizza game token which I am sporting right now!
  • mrs_c_getsfit
    Options
    I picked this watermelon from my garden tonight. It weighs almost exactly the amount of weight I have lost since July 1. CRAZY! So many more watermelons left to go, but wow. That watermelon is heavy and it is something to be proud that that much weight has come off of my body.
  • mram3582
    Options
    That is a hefty looking watermelon that you lost there! Congrats! :)
  • Daynacrd
    Options
    I actually do not have a single wedding day photo :( Joel's parents had just moved to West Virginia and we were here in GA while Joel was working on sat com's robotics. Joel's dad is a preacher and he still had his GA license, so we mailed the marriage license to him, he performed the ceremony via STLab, signed the license and mailed it back. Totally legit, right? As long as the IRS says we are married...we are married. We tied the knot in jeans and t-shirts and had sandwiches that night. I later lost my wedding ring saving him from drowning in a kayaking accident, so for our 20th anniversary he made me a ring from a Showbiz Pizza game token which I am sporting right now!
    <<< THIS?

• Daynacrd
    Options
    Bit down today - did a little partying over the weekend and now it shows.
    After I logged in Friday for my weight (194), I weighed myself Saturday morning.
    I was literally down 2.5 lbs from my MFP weigh in. (191.5) JUMPED FOR JOY I'LL TELL YA.
    Went to my sons for the weekend in MD - weighed there on HIS scale that night.
    I knew I would be up 2 lbs because i normally am at night.
    I was only slightly disappointed - giving myself the old "it's not your scale" talk. (193.8)
    The next morning I weighed again (Sunday) on his scale & was REALLY DISAPPOINTED. (195.2)
    I was up ANOTHER 1.4 lbs since Saturday morning.
    Reiterated my "not your scale" conversation to myself & took the long trip home.
    Trying not to beat myself up.

Tucked myself in bed & waited til morning to get my "true numbers" on my own scale.
    WHY WHY WHY (195.5) LOL
    So funny when I weighed in at 191.5 I told him husband it was a "fluke".
    He convinced me it wasn't & now i'm back to convincing myself it was.
    So on paper - i'm only up 1.5 since my last monthly weight in challenge LOL
    However, I walked a lot this weekend, but haven't gone potty since Thursday. Soooo.......
    Advise anyone?
  • Daynacrd
    Options
    No takers on comments LOL?
  • mram3582
    Options
    Ummm...I'm gonna go with....take a poo poo :# JK o:) My numbers go crazy sometimes. Look at my diary for this last Sat. (my day) I had an +8lbs over the last 2 days, but today I can't stop peeing....so tomorrow I will find out what my numbers are actually doing. Did you eat anything with more sodium than normal? TOM? I had an insane amount of alcohol Sat. for someone who doesn't drink but once or twice a year....my brother poured 4 triple shot mojitos down me and then a couple of shooters. I'm just now getting back hydrated from that. I would suggest drinking a lot of water and yeah...taking a poo....it's gonna help!
  • Daynacrd
    Options
    Ummm...I'm gonna go with....take a poo poo :# JK o:) My numbers go crazy sometimes. Look at my diary for this last Sat. (my day) I had an +8lbs over the last 2 days, but today I can't stop peeing....so tomorrow I will find out what my numbers are actually doing. Did you eat anything with more sodium than normal? TOM? I had an insane amount of alcohol Sat. for someone who doesn't drink but once or twice a year....my brother poured 4 triple shot mojitos down me and then a couple of shooters. I'm just now getting back hydrated from that. I would suggest drinking a lot of water and yeah...taking a poo....it's gonna help!

TOM? I can't poo - not sure why - struggling!!! Been 5 days TMI
  • mram3582
    Options
    Melinda

5'3"
    SW:315
    CW: 249.8
    GW:241.8
    LTGW:150ish

Weigh in Tuesdays

8/7/18=248.4 (-1.4)
    8/14/18=247.6 (-0.8)
    8/21/18=243.4 (-4.2)
    8/28/18=242.4 (-1.0)
    Total= -7.4

I don't have a clue how I lost a lb this week, but I'll take it! Although, I knew that 8lbs was a little ambitious for Aug...not too disappointed :)

Dana: TOM= time of month. I have poo problems too frequently because we are in such a high deficit. Even if all you eat is fiber and water, if you cut 1000 calories a day, you will still not get enough to flush it through every day. I get constipated a lot too and have to take softeners sometimes :s:# YOU CAN'T UNREAD THAT!!! :D
  • Daynacrd
    Options
    Melinda

5'3"
    SW:315
    CW: 249.8
    GW:241.8
    LTGW:150ish

Weigh in Tuesdays

8/7/18=248.4 (-1.4)
    8/14/18=247.6 (-0.8)
    8/21/18=243.4 (-4.2)
    8/28/18=242.4 (-1.0)
    Total= -7.4

I don't have a clue how I lost a lb this week, but I'll take it! Although, I knew that 8lbs was a little ambitious for Aug...not too disappointed :)

Dana: TOM= time of month. I have poo problems too frequently because we are in such a high deficit. Even if all you eat is fiber and water, if you cut 1000 calories a day, you will still not get enough to flush it through every day. I get constipated a lot too and have to take softeners sometimes :s:# YOU CAN'T UNREAD THAT!!! :D

NOPE NOPE you cannot unread - lol i keep forgetting that 600 cal a day will not produce much waste LOL - I have to weight in today I guess since I leave for NC tomorrow until Monday night - looking forward for the trip but not the gain UGH
  • Daynacrd
    Options
    WEIGHING IN 2 DAYS EARLY DUE TO SCHEDULED VACATION TOMORROW TO NC :smiley:

Name: Dana
    My Numbers:
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 257 (heaviest weight)
    SW: 241 (surgery weight - VSG 01/11/16)
    CW: 203 (darn vaca weight gain) 08/01
    GW: 195 (fingers crossed)
    LTGW: 165

Weigh ins: Fridays
    08/03/18 = 201.5 (-1.5)
    08/10/18 = 198.5 (-3.0)
    08/17/18 = 197.0 (-1.5) *stuck :neutral:
    08/24/18 = 194.0 (-3.0) *been stuck here since 08/22
    08/29/18 = 193.0 (-1.0) MET GOAL - but had a bit of a regain during the week :neutral:

Total WL/G for the month: -10.0 LBS YAY
    ppoh2dt3bror.jpg

• mram3582
    Options
    Have fun on your vacation!! Still looking fabulous!
  • mrs_c_getsfit
    Options
    5’3”
    SW:285
    CW:270.4 (beginning of August)
    GW:260
    LTGW:135

Weigh in Thursday’s
    8/2/18: 270.4
    8/9/18: 268.2
    8/16/18: 266.0
    8/23/18: 266.2
    8/30/18: 265.0

Total lost in August: 5.4 lbs

I don’t understand what my body is doing the last week or so. I’ve been retaining water still. Swollen hands and just feeling sluggish! I had a loss so I’m not disappointed, I just feel like it should be more since my unofficial weigh in on Monday I weighed in at 261. Oh well. On to next month!