Where to log weight and weight-loss goals: Fitbit app or MyFitnessPal app?

Options
kvielmo
kvielmo Posts: 1 Member
Hi all!

I have a new Fitbit Charge 2. Today I connected it to my MyFitnessPal. (I used MyFitnessPal years ago when I had a Jawbone, which I loved.)

Question: where should I log my ongoing weight and my weigh-loss goals, in Fitbit or MyFitness Pal? If I choose one, should I delete the information manually from the other?

Thanks!

Kelly

Replies

• brandy_losinit
    brandy_losinit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Stay in mfp with everything. Mfp will send info to fitbit regarding calories in, but fitbit only send steps to mfp.
  • Pirnie13
    Pirnie13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I set my goals separately in both (they don't link) and log weight in MFP which transfers to fitbit
  • irisstarrfitness
    Options
    brandy_losinit How do I get FitBit to send steps to MFP?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    weight logged on either side syncs to the other side.

Fitbit has a field for bodyfat % though, which MFP doesn't have.
    If you manually create one on MFP, it doesn't sync to Fitbit though.

My suggestion would be Fitbit if you might have or might eventually have a BF% estimate to log.

FYI about what Fitbit sends to MFP.
    When you log it, weight syncs to MFP.
    During the day when it changes by 100 higher than last sync - your daily calorie burn and steps sync over then too.

How to get Fitbit to send steps to MFP?

Start here for how to link your accounts since it sounds like you haven't. Stay in section 1.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1
  • jmcdonald58
    jmcdonald58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    When adding Strength Training exercises it doesn't calculate calories burned how do I add minutes to MFP to sync with Fitbit ?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    When adding Strength Training exercises it doesn't calculate calories burned how do I add minutes to MFP to sync with Fitbit ?

In the Fitbit app or website - log a Workout record for Weights with Start and duration time correct.

Better to log on Fitbit for better formula use. And yes it will appear smaller than say cardio - which is true.

depending on fitbit model - you may just need to start a workout on the device for weights, which would be easier.

On MFP just make a wall post of the fact you had a great workout and what it was.