Back to start again

Options
bevsteg
bevsteg Posts: 29 Member
Back to start again after a couple of rough years and an 6 kg increase :(
I live on the South Coast NSW, Australia, the best place to live. The only thing that could make it better would be if I could loose some weight (30kg) and be able to get out and enjoy the beaches and forests at my front door.
I am hoping to be able to succeed this time round. I know it's possible but so is climbing Mt.Everest, but even Mt.Everest can't be conquered alone!
I have hurdles like everyone else, mine are long work hours coupled with a very bad arthritic knee and skinny fit friends, who are wonderful but just don't get why it is so hard to loose weight and get out there and exercise.
I need support, to know I'm not alone, someone to keep me on track, someone to give a shout-out if I fall off the wagon for a bit and in return I try to give you the same support to help you achieve your goals.

Replies

• hope286
    hope286 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting as well. Arthritis in both knees. Hoping the pain will go down as the weight goes down.
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Good luck to both of you, it’s really hard to lose weight without being able to exercise properly but it can be done. Just be prepared for it to be very slow compared to others. I’ve found that keeping carbs low really helps and I exercise whenever I feel like I can. I’m always open to new friends on here if you want to ad me.