What's cookin' this weekend? (meal planning)

Options
2»

Replies

• cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're finally feeling better! :)
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're finally feeling better! :)

Yes, I am. I was able to eat up all the food I bought the previous week with only a few minor discards for lack of freshness. I ran out of fresh vegetables by the Friday, but I used canned and frozen for my lunch and supper. So, I stayed on plan and came in under budget. Win-Win.
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    What's Cookin' This Weekend?

From the freezer:
    • Italian meatballs (as needed)
    • pail of vegetable soup (mid week)
    • cooked chicken breasts (x2)
    Saturday:
    • shopping, no prepping
    Sunday:
    Next week's Meal Plan (Base goal of 1,570 calories/day)
    Breakfast of the week: 200 g plain yogurt, 1 T maple syrup, 30 g granola for crunch, 100 g fresh raspberries from my mom's garden
    Lunch of the week: 1.5 - 2 cups of vegetable soup, 110 g cooked pasta noodles, 200 g Italian meatballs (turning my usual vegetable soup into Italian meatball soup for a slight change)
    3 P.M. Snack: orange or apple
    Suppers, Mon-Thurs: Jumbo Chef Salad week: a generous serving of freshly chopped vegetables topped with a selection from numerous choices at the ready: avocado, chicken breast, hard boiled egg, 2 kinds of hard cheese, dry curd cottage cheese, crispy overcooked bacon, salad topper (seeds, nuts, dried fruit), and a salad dressing of choice.
    Evening Snack: Banana Smoothie and/or frozen desert (depending on calories burned at the gym) Halo Top has finally arrived in Canada, and I'm looking forward to seeing for myself if the enthusiasm is well deserved.
    Friday: happy hour beverage and a supper with my mom.
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options

Weather is forecasted to be hot all week, so I'm sticking with a lot of cold meals and a chef's salad for supper all week.

From the Freezer:
    • Pea Soup
    Saturday
    • Shopping, no prepping
    Sunday
    • HB eggs
    • portion out meals for 3 work days

Next week's Meal Plan (Base goal of 1,700 calories/day)
    Breakfast of the week: 55 g Special K, 1 cup milk, 1 orange, 1 slice whole grain rye bread, 1 T peanut butter.
    Lunch of the week: 1 cup pea soup, 1 HB egg, 1 apple (there's potato in my pea soup)
    3 P.M. Snack: 185 g plain yogurt, 1 T maple syrup, 1 cup blueberries
    Suppers, Mon-Thurs: Jumbo Chef Salad week: a generous serving of freshly chopped vegetables topped with a selection from choices of avocado, chicken breast, hard boiled egg, 2 kinds of hard cheese, dry curd cottage cheese, crispy overcooked bacon, salad topper (seeds, nuts, dried fruit), and dressed with a salad dressing of choice.
    Evening Snack: Banana Smoothie and/or frozen desert (optional, depending on calories burned at the gym)
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options

um.....nothing

I was house sitting all weekend, and it really threw a monkey wrench into my shopping/planning/prepping habits, but I only have two work days that need take-along meals, so I was able to scramble last night and get those ready for this morning.

I will be eating a significant amount of fresh fruit and raw vegetables. This past weekend was carb-heavy and I feel the need to really re-commit to my healthy eating plan.

Next week's Meal Plan (Base goal of 1,550 calories/day)
    Breakfast of the week: yogurt, 1/2 T maple syrup, fresh fruit, 1 HB egg
    Lunch of the week: 1 cup coconut curry lentils (previously made and frozen in single servings), 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup raw vegetables, 1 apple
    Suppers, Mon-Thurs: anticipating very hot weather, I think I'll stick with salads and fresh fruit for supper. I can also change plans and make supper a stir fry at a moment's notice if the prospect of salad is suddenly unappetizing.
    Evening Snack: Fruit Smoothie and/or frozen desert (optional, depending on calories burned at the gym)
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options

Saturday:
    • grocery shopping
    • a little advance vegetable prep
    • defrost: 5-serving container of Hearty Hamburger Stew
    • defrost: 5 chicken breasts

Sunday:
    Breakfast of the week: 187 g dry curd cottage cheese, 2 T cream, 125 g fresh blueberries
    Lunch of the week: 1 serving Hearty Hamburger Stew, 1 cup cole slaw, 1 orange
    3 o'clock snack: 200 g plain yogurt, 1 T maple syrup, 1 apple, dash of cinnamon
    Suppers, Mon-Fri: 1 serving Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken, 1/2 cup rice, garden salad w/ dressing
    Desert or Evening Snack: Fruit Smoothie and/or frozen desert (dependant on calories burned at the gym)
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options

Saturday:
    • grocery shopping
    • defrost: 4-serving container of Beef and Mushroom Stew
    • defrost: 1.25 lbs of Italian sausage
    Sunday:
    Breakfast of the week: 150 g dry curd cottage cheese, 1.5 T cream, 85 g fresh blueberries
    Lunch of the week: 1 serving Sausage and Kale Soup, 1 cornmeal muffin, 1 apple
    3 o'clock snack: 185 g plain yogurt, 1/2 T maple syrup, 125 g fresh strawberries, 30 g granola topping
    Suppers, Mon-Thurs: 1 serving Beef and Mushroom Stew, 1 potato, 1 cup of sautéed zucchini, onion, and mushroom with parmesan cheese, garden salad w/ dressing
    Friday: ? my mom is out of town, so I don't know yet if I'm scrounging or going out
    Desert or Evening Snack: Fruit Smoothie and/or frozen desert (dependant on calories burned at the gym)
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    What was Cookin' on the Weekend?

Saturday:
    • grocery shopping
    • defrost: pail of big batch vegetable soup
    • defrost: one whole chicken

Sunday:
    • pre-measure and portion meals for the week
    • pressure cook chicken in my Instant Pot
    • remove meat for suppers. Return bones to IP along with vegetable scraps and scrapings to make broth (final broth strained and frozen)
    • hard boil eggs

Next week's Meal Plan (Base goal of 1,750 calories/day)

Breakfast of the week: 150 g dry curd cottage cheese, 1.5 T cream, 60 g canned pineapple
    Lunch of the week: 1 serving of vegetable soup, 90 g Italian meatballs, 175 g yogurt, 150 g strawberries, 1 T maple syrup, 30 g granola topping.
    3 o'clock snack: 1 large apple
    Suppers, Mon-Thurs: jumbo chef salad with 4 to 5 oz chicken meat, boiled egg, avocado, tomato, sunflower and pumpkin seed topping, salad dressing, and 1 T olive oil.
    Friday: My mom is back from her trip, so it's back to Friday dinners at Mom's
    Desert or Evening Snack: Fruit Smoothie and/or frozen desert (dependent on calories burned at the gym)

I was really struggling with motivation all weekend (since Thursday, actually), so I'm really pleased I was able to get my act together and get my meals prepped for this upcoming week.
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    What's cookin' this long weekend?

Saturday:
    • grocery shopping
    Sunday: Monday (Labour Day)
    • Big Batch Vegetable Soup (inspired by the recipe on this site - I like to add an entire can of tomato paste and generous servings of Italian seasoning to mine)

Next week's Meal Plan (Base goal of 1,750 calories/day)
    Breakfast of the week: 1/6 of Banana-Coconut Baked Oatmeal, 1 cup 1% milk with a little added protein powder
    Lunch of the week: 3 oz beef pot roast, 4 oz potato, 1/2 c carrot, 1/2 c green beans, 1 apple
    3 o'clock snack: 175 g plain yogurt, 1/2 T maple syrup, 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
    Suppers, Mon-Thurs: Orange chicken, stir-fry vegetables, rice
    Friday: dinner out
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    mq1tkl2phymr.jpg

well I made this Sunday and we finished it off today , made it in my smoker , 0 carbs in the rub , family got new potatoes and green beans and I got steamed cauliflower . It was so good .
  • arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have been craving fajitas, so tonight I made shrimp fajitas. I shocked myself when I after everything was ready, I didn't even feel like having tortillas. I put everything on a bed of lettuce instead and was completely satisfied. 😁
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    I made a gigantic cauldron full of vegetable soup this morning. By the time I was done chopping and adding ingredients, it was 4 gallons. I had a mad fit of giggles at the immensity of it. I hadn't intended to make quite so much. I scooped it into 4 different pails, each one holding a week's worth of lunches. They're cooling on the balcony right now, and I'll put them in the freezer before going to bed.