My introduction

Options
bullchifrench123
bullchifrench123 Posts: 16 Member
edited September 2018 in Social Groups
Hello everyone. I’m in the same boat as some of you. My heaviest was 445, I’m down to 401. I’ve been working on it about a year. The first 8 months my weight was like a yo-yo. Up and down. These last 4 months or so. I’ve been faithfully logging my food everyday. I’ve lost most of the weight these past few months and kept it off for the most part, with the help of my dietician and the support of mfp friends. This last month it was brought to my attention of how inaccurate my logging probably is and myself taking a closer look. I realize they’re right. So I’m paying more attention to that. With my weight what it is now my calorie intake is 2180 I believe. At first I was walking faithfully everyday. But lately it’s been to hot. So I’ve switched to low impact cardio. (HASFIT, Leslie’s walk at home, and team body project) The first couple weeks it was going really well. But these last few weeks I feel like I have to force myself to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions for exercises that are easier on the knees? Also what other suggestions do you have? How often do you weigh yourself? I don’t have a scale so I only ever weigh myself every month or 2. I’ve done pretty good staying under my calorie limit and not eating what I burned off most days. It’s just these last few weeks I’ve been really dragging. Also on average how much water a day do most of you drink? Sorry for the length.
Denise

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Well, the good news for me is that when they push "water" intake, the doctors are really meaning "fluid" intake, and according to WebMD, coffee and tea count as the mild dieretic effects don't counter the hydration from them.

https://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/healthy-beverages#1

https://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=66701

So I get to count my iced tea - yeah! Especially since I usually drink at least two 32 oz cups of tea a day, and I take in 32 oz of coffee and milk (can't take my coffee black lol). Add in the usual 16 oz of plain water plus 16 oz of sparkling water, and I get at a minimum 128 oz a day, and actually probably more, as I'm not exactly sure the size of my cup and just call it 32 oz when it might be 44! And that's on sedentary days. When its hot and I'm working around the house or outside, I drink probably a 16 oz bottle of water every hour or two or more depending on how hot it is.

I'm afraid I can't comment on exercise ideas. I can't stand regular exercise and have yet to really start anything. My activity comes from push mowing my lawn, cleaning my house, walking grocery stores, etc. Monday, I weedwhacked my yard for at least 30 minutes, and I'm usually puttering around the yard or the house during the evenings.
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hello Denise , I weigh 423 , I have gained 3 pounds since last weigh in Dang It , but I am in some pain so that tends to make my weight go up and down . My legs look just like your legs , I am trying to do walking and working around the house , and some working out sitting in my chair , lifting my legs and stretching, but I am not to worried right now about exercise . more about logging and doing low carb . I only eat less then 10 carbs a day , I have lost 55 pounds in 8 months . I want to lose 200 + pounds . Please add me as a friend and we can help each other , OH I did buy a scale and wish I hadn't , because before I was like you , only weighed in at the docs , NOW I weigh in everyday and it drives me nuts LOL .
  • Red_Dwarf74
    Red_Dwarf74 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself everyday. For me I weigh in once a week, on the same day every week and around the same time. First thing in the morning and before breakfast. Don't be afraid of bathroom scales, it's one of my weapons, without them I wouldn't know how much I weigh and knowing how much you weigh every week keeps you in check! I drink around 2 litres of water every day. If you feel like you are ' forcing ' yourself to do exercises you can't be enjoying it. Find some exercises that you will enjoy. You have done great getting this far, this is for life, so make changes that you can sustain for LIFE and make it fun. :) Well done losing almost 45 lbs so far, it's a learning experience for sure!!
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I deliberately weigh every morning when I get up. I have become clinically interested in dispassionately watching the movement on the scale in relation to my food intake and my exercise. It's part of my strategy to see the scale as NOT the definitive judge of how well I'm doing or how healthy I am. I like to think that by getting on the scale every day, I'm also reconditioning myself to not be so emotionally invested in the number it displays (or, at least, not in the speed at which it's moving). It's an ongoing deprogramming effort.

My weight has been holding fairly steady for three weeks now despite accurately logging, weighing my food, eating at a calorie deficit, and going to the gym regularly, but I have noticed some significant body changes for the better in the same time period. My clothes are looser again. The new underwear I bought in July is now too big. I'm kind of expecting that any one of these days, there will be a dramatic whoosh effect and the display on the scale will catch up with the reality that is me. :)
  • Red_Dwarf74
    Red_Dwarf74 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    " Clinically interested " is for the BRAVE!! :smile:
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    mpkfzdmxhv48.jpg
    s33oi7njwcuc.jpg

Hello Denise I would have sent this in the e-mail but i guess you can't send pics or at lease I can't , now I took these upside down so I hope you can see what it is , this just my left leg , my other leg is big , but not like this . this is Lymphedema .
    I have seen women a lot worse then this . it is a horrible thing to have and I hope no one here ever has to deal with it .
  • bullchifrench123
    bullchifrench123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No you can’t send pictures on mfp messages. That doesn’t look fun at all. I hope you’re able to get it taken care of soon. ❤️❤️