Any 2018 GD moms out there?

Options
irleshay
irleshay Posts: 102 Member
Hi,
I just got the news from my OB nurse that I failed 2 out of 4 of my blood draws yesterday on the glucose tolerance test. I'll be contacted by a diabetic center and have to meet with a nutritionist, and prick my fingers 4x a day. Looking for other moms on the same journey! Anyone want to share what to expect, and what's worked for you?

I'm 29 weeks and 1 day along, age 37, first baby! Due in June with a boy. Been on MFP for five years and have maintained and logged since my initial loss at the beginning. Still active and work out 3x a week even in my third trimester, and think I eat decently -- so these results have me kind of grumbly.

Replies

• melanielewis428
    melanielewis428 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi @irleshay - I also recently got the GD diagnosis after failing the glucose tolerance test. I am currently 28w2d with my second child - due in August with a boy. I did not have GD with my first, so I was surprised and bummed to hear the news that I have it this time around. I am also active and eat well, but genetics got me on this one (family history of diabetes on both sides of my gene pool). After meeting with the dietitian this week I felt as though I wouldn't have a problem controlling with diet and exercise. How has the journey been for you thus far?
  • scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! You both have had your babies by now, but I am just joining. I am 30 weeks with my 3rd baby. I had GD with babe #1 in 2014. Did not have it with #2 in 2016. Here I am again with a much worse fail than before. Frustrating because I am much healthier now than with my last baby, but I guess it is what it is.

Hope your GD pregnancies were easy to control!
  • AmberR1985
    AmberR1985 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @scienceteacherAK hi! I’m also a 2018 GD Mom to be! I found out I failed last week, just started checking glucose yesterday. Im 32 and pregnant with twins due at the end of November! I have a 13 month old and did not have GD last time, so this is all new to me! Let me know if you have any pointers, meal or snack ideas or what’s working for you!