shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,153 Member
Good Morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,153 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Well, here it is almost 6:30, I have been up since 4:15. I have walked 2 miles on the treadmill. I am at work now. I don't know what today will bring. Normally, I am very calm, and although I get very stressed, people usually don't see that. I just feel angry this morning, and feel like pushing all of the people and things holding me back, out of the way. I hope folks, including myself, don't get hurt in the process today!

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,711 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Deep breaths, Steve. Slow deep breathing lowers heart rate and blood pressure. Hope you can let that angry feeling go.

Be OP ;-)

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,974 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Serenity, Steve.

Have another follow-up appointment with my hand surgeon, Today. It has gradually gotten better, but still bothers me. I have steeled myself for this to take months more. Geez, what a process.

I also have what I this another basal cell carcinoma on the bridge of my nose, so I need to make an appointment with my dermatologist to get that taken care of. Sigh.
  • myallforjc
    myallforjc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Steve, do some breathing exercises. They are amazingly effective in helping resetting ones emotions. Mindfulness is quite the rage right now and I use it for pain control and now it just kicks in when I get worked up so emotions don't control things quite so much. After a while as little as 3 breathes can give you enough of a pause to restart things.

Dave, glad to hear the hand is better. I heard from my dermatologist (how did I get one of those?) yesterday that the little piece of my scalp he removed was benign as expected. Still good to make it official. I hope the little crater on my head fills in.

Today is my last attempt to get my car to pass smog or it is back to the mechanic to see what is going on. I am to get in the car while cold, let it idle 15 minutes, take it out on the highway for 30 minutes on the highway and then bring it in. That is supposed to reset the O2 sensor. ???? Registration expires today. Its renewed I just won't be able to drive it except to get it repaired or smogged.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,106 Member
    Options
    Oh Dave so frustrating for sure. Ugh about skin cancer. I had some skin lopped off my ear for squamous cell CA and a graft from behind the ear a couple of years ago. I use lots of skin screen but could have done much better in my youth. Walked 4.5 mi early today.