500 kicks in 10 minutes drill.

Geocitiesuser
Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
Did this for the first time the other night and it was a killer, so figure'd I'd share with you all.

The rules.... each minute on the minute you do 100 kicks. Your only rest period is the time between when you finish, and the seconds until the next minute.

If you look it up on youtube there's a bunch of variations. We did for the first 4 minutes marching roundhouse, next 4 butterfly / double roundhouses, and the last two constant roundhouses (with a jump in the middle to keep momentum), for those of us who couldn't keep up (me) we substituted front snap kicks when our legs gave out.

Incredible workout in just 10 minutes.

Replies

• Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Sounds killer! My kicking is garbage because of my old man lack of flexibility and my general crappy striking coordination. I use Teeps to maintain distance and low kicks to set up takedowns. I am never gonna knock anyone out with a leg kick and ever getting a good liver kick chances are close to zero as well.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    That sounds BRUTAL...Gonna have to try it!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Even the most inshape blackbelts were panting and exhausted at the end. I want to get a heavy bag and start doing this regularly. There's a 1,000 kick version too.
  • Sylhuo
    Sylhuo Posts: 8 Member
    I do 500 kicks when I train outside class, but it takes me an hour lol
  • Laura5662
    Laura5662 Posts: 7 Member
    That's less than a second for a kick. I'm way too slow for that lol