September 17 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    jg861jvxj973.jpg
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    September 17
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    September 17th

Exercise: Yes - Musclefit and rolling machine exercise, 55 minutes
    Calories: Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    NSV's
    When I think about my NSV's, OMG! the list is looooong. That in itself is a NSV. :D

Here are a few:
    • Move faster.....
    • Look forward to exercises.
    • Mentally, food is my body fuel.... not every type of fuel goes in a car. Semi-trucks use diesel (https://truckfreighter.com/why-semi-trucks-use-diesel/) not gasoline, while cars use gasoline not diesel. Therefore, not every type of food is allowed in my body.
    • I cannot stand the sight of donuts.
    • Office foods don't appeal to me.
    • Clothes fit better

I can't wait to read others. :smile:
  • roma49
    roma49 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Back on it today
    3 x YES
  • dbhappy
    dbhappy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    3 x yes today - a little early for nsv's for me.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    [*] Mentally, food is my body fuel.... not every type of fuel goes in a car. Semi-trucks use diesel (https://truckfreighter.com/why-semi-trucks-use-diesel/) not gasoline, while cars use gasoline not diesel. Therefore, not every type of food is allowed in my body.

That is one of the best explanations that I've EVER read on why we all can't eat whatever we want!! So clear and concise. Please tell me that I can steal it for future use when someone tries to tell me that it's OK for me to eat whatever I want as long as I track it? NO, there are certain foods that I will binge on and that have no business being in my world, let alone in my body! :)

• jjjcat
    jjjcat Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Sept 17
    Exercised- Yes: rowing and elliptical machines
    Calories- Yes
    Tracked- Yes

NSVs include clothes fitting better, more energy, people commenting and better mental health 🌞
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options
    [*] Mentally, food is my body fuel.... not every type of fuel goes in a car. Semi-trucks use diesel (https://truckfreighter.com/why-semi-trucks-use-diesel/) not gasoline, while cars use gasoline not diesel. Therefore, not every type of food is allowed in my body.

That is one of the best explanations that I've EVER read on why we all can't eat whatever we want!! So clear and concise. Please tell me that I can steal it for future use when someone tries to tell me that it's OK for me to eat whatever I want as long as I track it? NO, there are certain foods that I will binge on and that have no business being in my world, let alone in my body! :)

Same for me. I am always surprised by the folks on MFP who go after anyone who says this. In my mind, there is 1) what the scale says & 2) what makes me the healthiest person I can be. I can get the scale to go lower eating garbage OR I can eat foods (fuel) that helps it to thrive. I choose the latter. Funny thing is that after eating healthy fuel for a long time now, I actually don’t feel good if I eat the unhealthy ones. A nice reinforcing system!!
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    8/17
    NSV--fit into a pair of shorts ive been trying to get into,almost into a dress im trying to fit, i can walk farther and faster.
    Exersized?- yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
  • leanHelen
    leanHelen Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    My NSV is I'm playing in the B grade grand final tonight with my 14 year old son. I'm proud of being a parent who can play sport with their kids and so happy that my kids want to hang out with me 😍
  • Bill70Strong
    Bill70Strong Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a 60 minute Pilates Mat class and a 40 minute trail run/walk.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • peachpastries
    peachpastries Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sept. 17th

Exercise: Yes, 1 hour full body vinyasa yoga, a little bit of walking
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

today is iffy. was really looking forward to cardio but my ankles/feet are in pain from using flat sneakers, but today i ordered my first pair of running shoes!!! big shout out to my mom for helping me out 😭😭 and i forgot to take my antidepressants two nights in a row so i got super wound up & everything felt so frustrating i ended up crying over not being able to do cardio smh
    usually on this kind of day i would have given up and laid in bed all day pouting but instead i took a break, talked to my mom, calmed down and did a full yoga session!! so a NSV for me today is not giving up because of a bad workout or meltdown!

had a moment where i caught myself nibbling after my dinner & immediately stopped before i overate or binged, so that's another NSV!
    i'm sorta getting to a point where i want to quit, but it's days like this i have to keep holding on & face my challenges.

and another NSV is today i noticed some more muscle definition and i'm starting to lean out slightly! i haven't been able to weigh myself since the last time so being able to actually see my progress is just another reason to keep going~ 🌟