September 18 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
ยซ1

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    2a325v03wijc.jpg
    My NSV is my continuing improvement of my cardiovascular fitness. Usuallly, in the summer, when I focus on farm life and horseback riding, I drop back in my cardio. This year, due to signing up with a fitness trainer, I have actually improved my cardio during the summer.
    My belt is a half inch looser. Not much, but okay with me.
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Yesterday was our monthly NSV day. If you did not get a chance to read what others posted, please go back and read them all. It's so inspiring!! Many of you have created healthy habits and healthy ways of looking at food.
    Read what @victorious55 posted yesterday....

NSV's
    When I think about my NSV's, OMG! the list is looooong. That in itself is a NSV. :D

Here are a few:
    Move faster.....
    Look forward to exercises.
    Mentally, food is my body fuel.... not every type of fuel goes in a car. Semi-trucks use diesel (https://truckfreighter.com/why-semi-trucks-use-diesel/) not gasoline, while cars use gasoline not diesel. Therefore, not every type of food is allowed in my body.
    I cannot stand the sight of donuts.
    Office foods don't appeal to me.
    Clothes fit better

I can't wait to read others. :smile:
    @victorious55
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    If you did not post an NSV yet, please do that today....Thanks, Rick
  • jjjcat
    jjjcat Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Sept 18
    Exercised- Yes: Zumba class
    Calories- Yes
    Tracked- Yes
    ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    September 18
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Exercize - 1h30 road cycling / 45 min hike on training route recon
    Calories - yes
    Tracked - yes
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thank you. @rangerrickl

@TeresaW1020, you can use that phrase anytime. That was one of my break-through. Once, mentally, my brain tells me that food is fuel, it is not okay to put any type of fuel into my body, things began to shift. The analogy with a car and fuel can go on, and on, and on.
    1. Nobody with a Mercedes Benz car will put a diesel in their car. They will not even put the cheaper gasoline in their car. They put the most premium gasoline in their car!
    2. My body is more expensive, and more valuable than the most pricey car on earth!
    3. My body is the car that will carry me to the end of life. It is a beautiful car. I like it!
    4. Nobody with a Mercedes Benz will over fuel their car until the gasoline is all over (the car can catch fire).... why do I have to over eat anything :'(
    @MadisonMolly2017, I agree with you. I too don't understand it sometimes when people make those comments. I now know that I am too precious for anything out there. My body is too precious. This wonderfully and intriguingly (scientists are yet to discover it) made body of mine is worthy of the best fuel out there. :D
    I rest my case. :)
  • dbhappy
    dbhappy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 no NSV today
  • roma49
    roma49 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    3 x Yes
    NSV ~
    I consider ALL my meals I don't not just grab the first food I come to
    I can dig deep within myself
    If I had a off day I don't need to milk it all week !!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options
    Thank you. @rangerrickl

@TeresaW1020, you can use that phrase anytime. That was one of my break-through. Once, mentally, my brain tells me that food is fuel, it is not okay to put any type of fuel into my body, things began to shift. The analogy with a car and fuel can go on, and on, and on.
    1. Nobody with a Mercedes Benz car will put a diesel in their car. They will not even put the cheaper gasoline in their car. They put the most premium gasoline in their car!
    2. My body is more expensive, and more valuable than the most pricey car on earth!
    3. My body is the car that will carry me to the end of life. It is a beautiful car. I like it!
    4. Nobody with a Mercedes Benz will over fuel their car until the gasoline is all over (the car can catch fire).... why do I have to over eat anything :'(
    @MadisonMolly2017, I agree with you. I too don't understand it sometimes when people make those comments. I now know that I am too precious for anything out there. My body is too precious. This wonderfully and intriguingly (scientists are yet to discover it) made body of mine is worthy of the best fuel out there. :D
    I rest my case. :)

@victorious55 I love ALL of this post. I could not agree more. Too Precious! Every little bit of every system is fascinating at the microscopic level. Yesterday I was told that by my Doctor that when you build muscle, your bones will also add more bone at a cellular level. I can actually reverse osteopenia & osteoporosis through the resistance training & load bearing exercise that I now โค๏ธ LOVE โค๏ธ to do!!

The question is how do we help others to realize this earlier than we both did? I think about this question a lot.

To a beautiful day,
    Maddie
  • wyhorzegal
    wyhorzegal Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have just read throw a few days of posts, and I am super excited to get back on track.

I started MFP in Jan 2018 and did lose 50 pounds! But then summer hit and I thought wow summer will be easy to stay on track and I am super active with farming, horses, hiking spending time in the back country. Well several of them pounds have come back, and I am ready to get rid of them and continue my journey!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Today wasn't the best. I did a 2 1/2 hour drive to visit a friend in the hospital and then the long drive back home. So, I'm barely under my calories
    No exercise
    Yes, I tracked it all :)
  • leanHelen
    leanHelen Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    We won the Badminton grand final ๐Ÿ† woo hoo! So much fun to be in a team with my son. And I didn't hurt my calf again, phew!

@victorious55 love the car fuel analogy.
    @craigo3154 I want to visit Spain!
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    9/18
    Exersized?- yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
  • Bill70Strong
    Bill70Strong Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a 60 minute Hatha Yoga class.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • peachpastries
    peachpastries Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sept. 18

Exercise: Yes, 45 minute strength
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

i love reading everyone's NSVs!!!!

my NSV today is that despite feeling lazy and unmotivated, i pushed through & got a good workout done!! instead of spending the entire day at the computer
    + i managed to stay within my calorie goal despite snacking too much due to sudden munchies, really impressed with myself because it felt like i overate so much but i didn't! (it helped i kept adjusting the food i already hhad planned to accommodate the unplanned food.)
    + my mom says i look "Athletic". I don't really see myself as athletic, and i feel like she's just saying that cuz she's my mom, but know she's actually being honest because she sees how much work i've put into my body, health & fitness routine and i'm so happy it's showing! it makes everything worth it.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Another great day of sharing wisdom via personal experiences! Thanks to everyone!
    My report:
    Exercise: lunch time exercise walk
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under by a lot
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options
    Sept 18
    Yes x 3
    Exercised: 70 min +
    Calories: under
    Tracked: All!!