How long for weight loss post pregnancy?

Options
bingo_007
bingo_007 Posts: 101 Member
Hi Ladies

Just wanted to check, how long you took to get your weight back post pregnancy? my little one is 3 weeks now, and I have lost more than half of my weight gain, but still 5/6 kg to go.

I had an emergency c-section, so unable to do much sports at the moment so even more curious how long it took you to get back into shape and tips on how to do so without sports?

thanks

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    About a year for me. Maybe a bit less. I gained 20 lbs with my first but it still took a while and effort to get it back off.
  • bingo_007
    bingo_007 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    thanks for your response. My weight is slowly going down, lost about 1 to 1.5 kg in a month, which sounds quite low, but at least the weight is going down for now.
  • TeyaChanel
    TeyaChanel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I gained 35lb with first pregnancy and it took me about 9 months.
  • TeyaChanel
    TeyaChanel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know it's super frustrating but just really focus on your nutrition not just because of weight but also because having a baby is alot of work and takes alot from you (and gives you Joy) especially if you are nursing make sure your meeting all your daily nutrients recommendation. Congrats!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Oh also keep in mind it usually not advised to lose weight (go on a deficit intentionally) until after breastfeeding is established which can take up to 16 weeks. If not breastfeeding, then you still want to wait at least 8 weeks (maybe longer for you due to the c section) since your body needs the food energy to heal. If baby is only 3 weeks, now isn't a great time to start.