Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
edited September 2018 in Social Groups
Welcome to the October 2018 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in! This is my third consecutive month into the challenge (of five total).
    I'm a triathlete, currently doing the switch from road to off road triathlons and starting from the bottom again. There is a lot to deal with training and emotionally, forgetting podiums for a while which can mean years...coming here to check in every day helps keeping me focused even if I'm "just" mantaining. Which I can tell you, is not at all "just".
    Wish everyone well on their journeys!
  • jillmbeckman
    jillmbeckman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m NEW to this! I’ve been strong in maintaining my goals for 10 years. Since turning 50 things have changed dramatically. Horrible eating habits and an inconsistent and nonexistent excises routine. My weight gain is now to an unacceptable point. I Recognize I need support!
    I look Forward to being accountable, to get me back on track.
    I have always been supportive of others needing to stay on track now I find myself not knowing how to do that for me. I’m hoping this the right step.
  • strongkater
    strongkater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I’m back. Hoping to make winners circle this month!

Do the work.
  • peachpastries
    peachpastries Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    can't wait to do this again!!! it's gonna be so useful during the holiday/winter months to keep myself from constantly comfort eating. every night i look forward to logging my day and feeling accomplished! the support, accountability, & judge-free attitude keeps me inspired and motivated, even on the days i'm struggling the most. <3
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am looking forward and needing the daily/ consistent accountability that this challenge provides. Thanks!
  • BobWw2017
    BobWw2017 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I participated in this great challenge over last winter and early spring, but had a health issue and had to step back from a lot of things I was doing. That's all in the past now and I'm really looking forward to getting back to the accountability this group offers. Weight wise, the summer wasn't too bad. I was able to fluctuate in a 5 pound range, its just that the range is about 15 pounds higher than the range I really should be in.
  • Laurrr54
    Laurrr54 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi...I need this challenge! I am living out of my travel trailer for a couple of weeks...I am worried about my eating in this situation! Exercise shouldn’t be a problem! I need the accountability!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I turn 60 next week (GASP! NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!) and this is my first experience with the UAC. Weight-wise, I reactivated my MFP account 5 months ago, and managed to shed 17 pounds through thoughtful, self-aware food choices and regular cardio. Then last month I hit a plateau (and possible mental block) as I just can't seem to settle into the 150.Xs, let alone break down into the 149.Xs. Numerous times in the past this has been the plateau-point where I start losing steam and commitment.

But not this time. You will note (in my newly changed in honor of joining UAC profile picture) that pigs are now flying. For real. In formation, even! (I have another one in my exercise room).

So this upping the ante on accountability and self-awareness will be the breakthrough I need right now despite having reached a less-forgiving-metabolism point in my life.
  • shermikes98
    shermikes98 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My first time in this challenge! I feel my success in losing 27 lbs has been to the constant support from MFP and these challenges! Let’s go!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,123 Member
    Options
    I'm back after taking September off - a month of travel and craziness. It went well in spite of not logging but I'm looking forward to getting back to it with all of you wonderful people.
  • RFMnewday
    RFMnewday Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone.- This will my first attempt at this challenge. I am 56. I've been on MFP since May 1 and have lost 22 lbs, but I still want to lose at least 17 more to get out of obesity.My hubby has PTSD and I have 2 adult children at home, both on the autism spectrum. Sometimes my schedule is not mine to control. I have been calling those days WAM days, which stands for both Wife And Mother and for Work At Maintenance. The problem lately has been to get back on track quickly after one of those days. I am hoping that the 3 pass day limit on this challenge will help with that.

@BMcC9 love your profile pic.
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m responsible for my own actions. Nice to be part of a group with the same philosophy.