throwing my hat in the ring.

Options
2»

Replies

• JanetteBradleyMahnken
    Options
    Yes it was warm and muggy! I ran my first 5k today at the Escondido Grape Day 5k and the temp on the bank showed that it was 100 today. But I did it and beat my practice times from this week too.
  • zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Great job! My friend Rachel organized that race. My first (and only) official 5k was the Tierrasanta one last year.... on race day it was in the 90s and they made the out and back course uphill on the second half. I had to walk part of it. Doing C25k again now to get myself ready for another one, but I don't have anything scheduled.
    I am not a heat/humidity tolerant being.
  • JanetteBradleyMahnken
    Options
    Well it was a really fun race. Where are you in San Diego? Does your friend Rachel live in Escondido? I hardly know anyone up this way. I know the neighbors on one side of our house and that is it. The family that is renting next door has a son about the age of my boyfriend's son. So I went over and introduced ourselves to them. The mom is a little younger than me and she is afraid of dogs too. So she won't come over to my house since I have a small Beagel-Terrier mixed dog. I have to go over there if I want to spend time with her. She is all into crafts not exercise. I started out just walking further, and further, and longer and longer. Then I thought about doing this race and I found out about C25K and I started it. But I was going to have to alter it as the race was going to come up before I would be done with the C25K. So I just kind of made up my own thing but was doing a run, jog, walk type of thing like it showed. And then we got the heat wave and I just started to do more workouts just running, jogging, walking in the house with a fan on me. And I started to try to walk all my local errands and instead of driving to them. The last two weeks though I started trying to do more outside though again as I knew I was going to have to get use to the heat and mugginess. I don't like the heat and mugginess either. I like it just perfect, I am spoiled that way. I don't want it too hot or too cold. During the race I started out running as fast as I could, but I had already ran about a mile just to get to the start line. And I was wheezing when I got there and had to use my inhaler. And shortly after the race started I started to wheeze again and decided to use my inhaler once more. And I rested for a few seconds before trying to take off again. And then I took off at a slower pace and then speed up again. And then a woman next to me started to talk to me, so I slowed down again. We decided to do the race together after that, I was talking her in to doing little sprints of running and walking like with the C25K. And that is how we kept going. At the end when were where getting closer to the finish line I was all worn out and so was she. But I still wanted to try to speed up and run the last bit as fast as I could and she told me to go on with out her if I could, so I left her behind to try to dash to the end. I am going to have to try the C25K again and keep working at it so that I can keep my endurance up. I would like to try another race too, but I need to wait a while. I have other things going on that I need to take care of first. But I think that I would like to find a buddy or buddies to practice with every once in a while too. I got the name and phone number of the lady that I was doing the race with, she said she might train with me once in a while.
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    wish i had more workout partners in my area
  • zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well it was a really fun race. Where are you in San Diego? Does your friend Rachel live in Escondido?

Nope, she just organizes races for a living. I'm with you - I haven't been doing much in the heat/humidity either. Thank goodness it's nicer out this week but I think we're in for another heatwave this weekend!
  • amdumbaugh
    amdumbaugh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Rancho San Diego/El Cajon for me :)
  • TPlenge
    TPlenge Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Rancho San Diego/El Cajon for me :)

La Mesa here. We are practically neighbors! :smile:
  • jadesdca
    jadesdca Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ocean Beach here! :)
  • Ixlr8a67
    Ixlr8a67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Live in San Carlos, work in Linda Vista.

My name is Ramon and I am looking for people in San Diego who would like to give and receive support from someone else in town, swap ideas, strategies, and just be there for one another. If you are interested add me and I will add you. Thanks, and continued success.
  • JaimeOGC
    JaimeOGC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Starting with MFP.

Looks good.

Kearny Mesa area.

Hello Everybody!
  • BoxerDogsMom
    BoxerDogsMom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in Chula Vista on the West side and work in Bankers Hill - love my walking areas on my lunch hour
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hiya. I work in Chula Vista and live in Bankers Hill. We should trade jobs or houses (JK).
  • TMcSter
    TMcSter Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I live in Chula Vista and work in Sorrento Valley. Looking forward to using MFP to work on my fitness / health goals.
  • pcw92103
    pcw92103 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! University Heights here. I am trying to get back into the weight loss routine myself. Welcome to the group.
  • mpacuan
    mpacuan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Whats up! From Spring valley here 🤙🏽