HELLO!! Pre-Op and New Here

Options
Current weight: 326 (highest recorded), BMI 56

Goal weight: 145-155 (I don't know what will look healthy on me - always been heavy)

Height: Shrunk from 5'5" to current at 5'4" (spine degeneration)

Surgery date: October 22, 2018

Surgery type: VSG

Clothing sizes: Tops, 3X-5X (depending where I buy from); Pants 26W-30W/4X-5X (also depends where I buy from); Shoes 8.5W-9.5W women's US

Medical issues: sleep apnea, hypothyroid, pre-diabetic, chronic migraines, chronic back and knee pain, THREE knee surgeries, degenerative joint and disc disease, fibromyalgia, gout, arthritis, reflux, recurring insomnia, major depressive disorder (mild), anxiety

I just joined MFP yesterday and am prepping for VSG on October 22nd!! I got my new Garmin tracker yesterday at my pre-op education classes, so I'm off and "running" so to speak. ;) (Except that I had knee surgery a few months ago and am just trying to get back into walking without pain)
Hoping to find like-minded people getting ready to go through this process, as well as people who have already taken the plunge! Can use all the support I can get :)
Currently living in the Midwest (SW Chicagoland area), so if you are near me...give a shout out!

Replies

• murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bethstika. Best of luck on your journey to a new you. I am a 3 year sleeve veteran but I recently had a revision to a sadi-s. also known as a sips or ds loop. feel free to add me. :)
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am nearing 4 yrs since my VSG. I have never regretted it. Early on can be difficult as you learn how to eat healthier and way less in volume. Farther out can be even more difficult because it is more of a mind game to continue to eat properly and move. The support of friends here will be invaluable. Friend a lot of us and we will be here to root you on!!
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome! 4.5 yrs out for me. Wish I had done it sooner. The beginning was hard, as you have to learn your new lifestyle. And like @loriloftness said, further out can be even more difficult due to the mind game of continuing to eat properly and exercise. This is the right place for support though! Feel free to send me a friend request! I'll help you on your journey in any way I can! Best of luck to you on your new journey! :)