So IDK

Options
darla499
darla499 Posts: 402 Member
I'm disgusted with food right now. Disgusted, annoyed and irritated. I don't even know what kind of label /eating disorder this is. It's not bulimia. I don't binge and purge right now. It's not food restriction. I'm not restricting anything, I'm just not interested. It's not anorexia, I'm too fat for that. And I'm irritated this group is still happening, because I'm not a good example of anything. I'll fail you. You don't converse with each other or me. So what is the point?

Replies

• PrincessVamp666
    PrincessVamp666 Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I may not converse, but I still look in a lot of the time.

I think food aversion is common in ED Recovery, I am also fairly certain that they updated the DSM-IV criteria a few years ago, as anorexia can take many forms.

A 300lb woman can stop eating and lose weight but have it go unnoticed. I was diagnosed a 243lbs around 5 years ago under the new DSM-IV Criteria with "Atypical Anorexia" to me its like saying I was anorexic, but not in the traditional sense.

You don't fail us, I think we are all responsible here for commenting and being active. I am on MFP most days, but struggle to communicate as I feel like I never have anything worth saying. You are not responsible for us, and you should hold yourself accountable, please feel free to message me if you want to .

• darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @PrincessVamp666. Thank you ❤️ I needed to hear that. I see my doctor on Friday, so we'll figure this out.

And anything you have to say is important. Your thought, feelings and personal experience encourage and inspire. You are important ❤️
  • PrincessVamp666
    PrincessVamp666 Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    :*:*
  • tvm1970
    tvm1970 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    @darla499 my version of your post:

I'm disgusted with food myself right now. Disgusted, annoyed and irritated. I don't even know what kind of label /eating disorder this is I have. It's not may be bulimia. I don't binge and but I still purge with laxatives right now. It's not food restriction. I'm not restricting anything, I'm just not interested. I wish it was because at least that is familiar. It's not anorexia, I'm too fat eating too much for that. And I'm irritated this group is still happening, because I'm not a good example of anything. I'll fail you. You I don't converse with each other or me you because, as @PrincessVamp666 said, I don't think I have anything worth saying. So what is the point?