Dietitian

Is anyone else seeing a Dietitian or Nutritionist? How has your experience been? I've been seeing my dietitian since April and I can't say enough nice things about her! She is amazing! I'd like to know about everyone else's experience to hopefully sway someone who is on the fence about seeking out help.

Replies

• arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    I am seeing one to, started August 1st. (Per doctors recommendation)
    She keeps me accountable. She likes to look through my diary to see what I've eaten. 😁 and she's helped me work through a few things.
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Yes. Me too. I'm seeing a registered dieititian who is available at my doctor's office on Mondays. I printed out some of my MFP food days as a sample and left them with her on our first appointment. I also told her my MFP user name and told her my diary is public and I invited her to just poke around in my food diary. She had some recommendations for me by the second visit.

For example, on our second appointment I told her I was having a lot of trouble with evening munchies, and my impulse control in the evening was nonexistent. Having seen what I typically eat, she recommended I increase my protein at breakfast and add a serving of either starch, root vegetable, or grain at lunch. As soon as I implemented those suggestions, the overwhelming evening snack attacks became manageable for the most part and I often had days where I didn't have any at all.

I already followed a pretty healthy food plan; it's how I was raised and how I like to eat. But I really struggle with portion control and boredom eating. Really, I just eat too much and like to snack on high-calorie stuff. I didn't need a lot of nutrition education. But if I had needed that kind of information, she could have helped me with that too.
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    My husband and I are seeing one as well. We are part of a class of 9 people who meet regularly with her. We give her a print out of our diary and each week we learn something new about nutrition, exercise, etc. It has been very valuable. I love that it is in a setting with other people because we learn that there are others out there in the same situation, and we learn valuable insight from each others experiences.
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    My husband and I are seeing one as well. We are part of a class of 9 people who meet regularly with her. We give her a print out of our diary and each week we learn something new about nutrition, exercise, etc. It has been very valuable. I love that it is in a setting with other people because we learn that there are others out there in the same situation, and we learn valuable insight from each others experiences.

that is awesome , see i would do that and like it !! you are lucky , really