Finding Motivation and Support

Options
Like almost every other pumpkin spice/sweater person I LOVE fall. The colors, the smells, haunted houses and of course the cooler temperatures. In celebration of the season I decided to go for a walk. So I headed out on my journey wearing the sneakers I haven't put on in MONTHS and my headphones so I could keep my "Pitbull beat" pace. About 6 blocks into my walk a big black truck with the 2 little american flags flying on both sides passes me. I can see this truck ahead of me pull into a driveway and turn around. I think nothing of it because I'm in the city. As the big black truck passes me going the other way someone from the truck yells "Fat *kitten*! You need to Workout." I would love to say this is the first time this has happened to me, it is not.

I'm not sharing this because I am upset at being told I'm a fat *kitten*...I know that. Being a rider of the Always Dieting Roller Coaster I started dieting last week for what feels like the 100th time. I've been as high as 355 and as low as 260 in the last few years. As of this morning I am 347.1 pounds, this is just a fact. While OF COURSE it hurt my heart a little to have someone yell crap at me, it also pissed me off...BECAUSE screw YOU black truck guy, how *kitten* is your life that you feel the need to TURN YOUR TRUCK AROUND just so you can yell *kitten* at someone one you know NOTHING about who is OBVIOUSLY exercising. I'm sorry you hate yourself SO much you have to put me down to make yourself feel better. Yelling at a fat person that they are fat is NOT motivating. I very easily could have withdrawn went home and had an ice cream bar to hide from mean black truck guy.

People. Surround yourself with people that want to support you and motivate you. You will have good diet days and you will have bad diet days. Keep going. Don't stop because some dill weed hates themselves. They are not your problem. Focus on you. That's what I'm striving for by being on here. If you need a friend to help with positive motivation I will do what I can to support you. Let's call this your safe space. No judging. Good and bad here to support each other. Hope you all have a good day.

Replies

• NicoleB0830
    NicoleB0830 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh my! First off, I'm sorry that this happened. Second, good for you for being the stronger person.
  • caguitare
    caguitare Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sadly this happens all too often. So proud of you for moving forward and continuing on your journey.
  • teer2008
    teer2008 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I get it. (((((((((hugs))))))))))))
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Fallingsnow505

Good for you, for being stronger than someone with obviously bigger issues. (hugs) and good luck as you keep celebrating YOU!